Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Guide problems

Anyone having these problems ?

Problem 1

When I startup my Now TV box, and go into the TV guide, I see the listings for the:

• free-to-air channels
  • Now TV Channels 
  • Radio Channels

However the Radio Channels are being listed as the Now TV Channels.

IMAG0144.jpg

navigating back to the Listings for the Now-TV channels, I then see the same as the Radio listings.

(free-to-air listings are fine)

Only way to see the Now TV listings is to go back to the Home page, and re-enter the TV guide.

Problem 2

When trying to view the Now TV Live channels, I get error message "Oopps something went wrong, We are working on it"

(Free to Air channels, and radio channels works fine)

A factory reset does not rectify this problem.

IMAG0145.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When doing the trial of the smart box, i came across the same problem where the NowTV live channels of the TV Guide for some unknown reason where stuck in the Radio section of the EPG (which i sent a log bug report to the Trials Team).

It was eventually fixed by a firmware update during the course of the trial, never came across your problem number 2 though.

Have you tried a forced software update on the box by going into the secret menu, by pressing the RC Home button five times, followed quickly by pressing the Fast Forward button three times, then quickly pressing the Rewind button two times ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

When doing the trial of the smart box, i came across the same problem where the NowTV live channels of the TV Guide for some unknown reason where stuck in the Radio section of the EPG (which i sent a log bug report to the Trials Team).

It was eventually fixed by a firmware update during the course of the trial, never came across your problem number 2 though.

Have you tried a forced software update on the box by going into the secret menu, by pressing the RC Home button five times, followed quickly by pressing the Fast Forward button three times, then quickly pressing the Rewind button two times ?

yes, tried software update.

problems only seemed to appear, after the latest firmware update was pushed to my box this week. Sent a 'bug' report to the Trials Team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thinking, this may not be related to the trial, and since had no response after submitting via teh trial's fault procedure, I submitted via the help section of this website.

Now I know why users are frustrated with the help given my Now TV.

I clearly described teh fault, and error message (and linked this page) to my intial response to the help team.

There responded back, asking if the fault was all of the time (this I mentioned in the intial email), and what I was trying to do (this I also mentione din the intial email).

I responsed back, answering their questions.

Now they've responded asking...  "To narrow down the issue, may I have the exact error code or error message that you see while trying to watch the live tv? "

Did I not mention this in the intial email....

I've now responded once again, giving the image (from this thread), and a link to this thread.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

now received a third email which they say will resolve the issue.

A factory reset !

I mentioned I had done thi sin the first email sent to them !

It doesn't work !

Then I receive another email - - "How did we do ?"

Well you did nowt !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem 1 now rectified - today's update seems to have fixed it.

"Assistance" from help did not rectify the problem - waste of time IMO.

Problem 2 - when External access is set to default/permissive then all is fine. When set to disabled, then the error message.