cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Guide Disappeared!!

Hi,

I am new to Now TV having purchased a smart box earlier this week. All was great, really impressed however this morning have gone to watch the freeview channels and find that on the main first screen, the TV Guide option along with "Home" and "Best of Catchup" have all disappeared?!? Only giving me the "My Apps", "App Store" and "Settings" options. Have tried to reset and turn it on and off again but no luck!

Am I doing something wrong or do I have a faulty box?

Help!

67 REPLIES 67
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The box goes into a deep sleep hibernation mode when not used, so i wouldn't worry about your concerns about it wearing out.

Have you tried a forced software update on the box by pressing the Home button (5 times) then quickly followed by pressing the FF >> (3 times) followed quickly pressing the RW << (2 times) on the NowTV remote controller to see if that brings back the TV Guide ?

If that fails, maybe try a full factory reset on the box by going into the menu settings.

Please note, that factory resetting the box you will have to re enter all your username and password details again and undertake a fresh rescan of the TV channels. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got two now tv boxes and I frequently experience this problem with both boxes. If you do a factory reset it solves the issue but you have to log in and all that crap again which is really annoying and shouldn't have to be done. Clearly they need to fix this issue.
Also why does the stupid remote not have numbers? It would be much easier to just jump straight to a freeview channel like normal freeview. And to be able to select a channel and be able to carry on scrolling through the TV guide.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not ideal, but pressing the FF >> and RW << button on the remote controller is slightly quicker than continually pressing the up and down arrow key on the RC to jump to the TV Freeview channel you want to watch.

Agree about the numerical numbers on the remote, doesn't bother me though because i always stick to the HD channels on Freeview and refuse to watch any SD PQ rubbish on Terrestrial TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue. All was good last night, turned it on this morning and no option of tv guide, catch up or anything other than my apps, app store and settings.
Please help now tv.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This happened to me. I unplugged the power supply, left it for 1 minute, reconnected the power and the box had reset itself and the missing menu options had reappeared
Anonymous User
Not applicable

First rule of electricals turn it off and on again, always has been always will be.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem for the first time this morning, been using my smart box for over a year now...I did the 'secret screen' software update and all is well again😀 thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had a Nowtv box for two weeks and my TV guide etc disappeared earlier this evening. I did the secret screen reset and it’s all back again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This keeps happening to me too! Has anyone found a solution to stopping it.? Everytime this happens to me I either unplug wait plug back in. Or just unplug the aerial and watch through my tv. Really annoying as I pay £63 a month for this increasingly crappy and expensive service
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Not really. You could try a forced software update to see if it helps.

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

However why it seems to keep happening to some people and what the ultimate solution to it is is a bit of a mystery for now (future updates might hopefully help).