cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Guide Disappeared!!

Hi,

I am new to Now TV having purchased a smart box earlier this week. All was great, really impressed however this morning have gone to watch the freeview channels and find that on the main first screen, the TV Guide option along with "Home" and "Best of Catchup" have all disappeared?!? Only giving me the "My Apps", "App Store" and "Settings" options. Have tried to reset and turn it on and off again but no luck!

Am I doing something wrong or do I have a faulty box?

Help!

67 REPLIES 67
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just saw comment about the reset button it's back working now thanks .
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, had the box 4 days. first time use it was fine, then i installed software update, restarted it, and 3 days now, i must have done 10 factory resets, forced updates, i've tried everything on this thread, and still no EPG

Anyone any ideas?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sounds like you have tried everything that i would have done to be honest, should you not get any further assistance from other helpful forum members or the NowTV Team, then take the smart box back to the Retailer and ask for either a replacement or a refund.

Another member on here also tried everything suggested and the next day the EPG suddenly reappeared again back on the box (which would possibly suggest in normal circumstances a software update, but the member also tried the forced software update).

This is a long shot, but no harm in trying what happens if you swap the HDMI port on your TV, then reboot both your box and Router and then try one last forced software update by pressing the Home button (5 times) quickly followed by pressing the FF >> (3 times) then the RW << (2 times ) to access the hidden secret menu to update the software on your smart box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help. I tried exactly what you suggested, and still nothing sorry.

I'm starting to doubt whether it was even there the other day, I'm wondering if I was thinking of the Entertainment Pass EPG instead.

Are there any NOW TV set=top boxes that do not have an EPG on the main menu for all available channels?

Bit gutted if this is the normal hardware/software (i.e no EPG), as this makes it effectively useless!! I don't want a catch-up box, I want something to use as my main device for watching TV.

Thanks again

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

A quick question are you using the standard black box (first picture on the attached link guide) or the smart box with the blue nowtv logo on the top casing (second picture on the attached link) ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-now-tv-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers, I have this one

Now TV.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Ha it's making sense now, the standard black box which you have doesn't have the TV Guide on the Homepage UI or have an in built Freeview TV tuner.

Members who have posted here have the smart box and hence the reason you are not seeing the TV Guide on your homepage screen.

With the standard black box if for example you have a NowTV Entertainment active Pass, if you click the NowTV button on the remote controller and then highlight Entertainment on the LHS of the screen and click the OK button where the entertainment section of the UI will open, then scroll to the top of the page where you will see Watch Live, click OK and you should see the Now & Next Live Channels EPG for the NowTV Entertainment.

The standard black box will not have the Freeview EPG or the Freeview channels where you will need a smart box with a connected TV aerial.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, understood. Appreciate all your help, thank you.

Bit gutted, but never mind...

Cheers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I shouldn't worry, the TV GUide on the Smart Box is still only a Now and Next version the same as you already get in the NOW TV app on your black box, the only difference is it includes the freeview TV and radio channels that those devices can receive via aerial as well .

NOW TV have never implemented a full 7-day EPG, I'm guessing as none of the devices can be used to record anything in advance they don't see the need for it.

If you want to look further ahead try any of the free TV listings websites like Sky or Radio Times, or various apps on mobile/tablets.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a solution to this issue? As we have had NOW TV Smart Box plus since June.

Worked fine up until a month ago and now the ‘Home’ ‘Best of Catch Up’ and ‘TV Guide’ disappears randomly and the no channels available to watch either with no obvious cause/solution.

Done a restart under power in setting and worked once but not any other times. Unplugged the power and left a while then replugged - again didn’t always solve the issue.

Wondering if it is a faulty box?

Are we meant to unplug it while not in use? As there is no off or standby button so wondering if it’s been worn out left on?