cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Guide Disappeared!!

Hi,

I am new to Now TV having purchased a smart box earlier this week. All was great, really impressed however this morning have gone to watch the freeview channels and find that on the main first screen, the TV Guide option along with "Home" and "Best of Catchup" have all disappeared?!? Only giving me the "My Apps", "App Store" and "Settings" options. Have tried to reset and turn it on and off again but no luck!

Am I doing something wrong or do I have a faulty box?

Help!

67 REPLIES 67
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The old faithful turn it off at the plug and then back on did the trick for me, every piece of electronics goes wrong at some point.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue - the TV Guide menu item disappeared- I turned TV and box off at the plug and it came back but it's happened twice

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem as the original post. How was this resolved?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had same problem. Also heard buzzing noise from box when near to it. I waggled and pushed all the cables, recycled power and the TV guide came back. Buzzing noise also stopped. Guess it was cable connection problem.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The buzzing noise that you are hearing might be the smart box inbuilt fan which would vary in speed depending on the internal temperature of the smart box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has just happened to me was watching the to guide earlier today but now it's gone! It's what I use most need a fix or it's going
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just went on live chat and they said hold the reset button that is underneath the box for 30 seconds, this then brought the to guide option back!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just had the same issue and went into to the secret settings and bingo..!!! Software update and its all back. Cheers.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm new also and when I go to TVs guide the page is blank with just nowtv TV guide time options all across the top of the screen! Any idea why I'm having this problem? Thanks 🙏
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What i would try first, is switch on the TV to the correct HDMI input source of your smart box and then press and hold the reset button underneath the smart box until the NowTV welcome screen reappears on your TV screen.