cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Guide Disappeared!!

Hi,

I am new to Now TV having purchased a smart box earlier this week. All was great, really impressed however this morning have gone to watch the freeview channels and find that on the main first screen, the TV Guide option along with "Home" and "Best of Catchup" have all disappeared?!? Only giving me the "My Apps", "App Store" and "Settings" options. Have tried to reset and turn it on and off again but no luck!

Am I doing something wrong or do I have a faulty box?

Help!

67 REPLIES 67
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Not seen any reports of that issue before. Try a forced software update to see if it helps.

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly

Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press home to go back to the start and try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I've tried that and had no luck!

I know we have quite a poor internet connection occasionally but wouldnt have thought that would remove the options? 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Ah, now you mention it when you say they are missing do you mean the screens are there but they are blank rather than the actual menu options are missing? If so the Home and  Catch Up do populate from the Internet and on odd occasions I've noticed the tiles are blank when for some reason the box doesn't populate them over the Internet. For me, just going into the NOW TV app and back out sorts it, but if you have intermittent net issues that could explain it. 

Are  you able to watch NOW TV fine? Have you tried rebooting the router?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope the actual menu options are missing. I would upload a picture but I'm not at home at the moment.

Now TV through the My Apps section seems to all be working fine.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User In that case I've not seen anyone else with that issue. The only other thing I can suggest is a factory reset from the settings menu. If that doesn't work you might need to wait for a member of the NOW TV Team to pick up your post and see if they can investigate. Good luck! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks!! Fingers crossed!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry for the delay in getting to your post.

Just wondering if you managed to get this resolved ?

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My wife had 4Seven on this morning, I noticed it wasent  in HD so I went to select 4Seven HD but all the HD channels had gone apart from BBC to Ch5. Vintage TV and Viva had gone too. 

So I did a channel scan. Found 150 channels, usually it's around 170 channels. so the box has lost the local HD Mux?

Then when coming out of the tuner menu the box showed this...

Netflix and Amazon??? 

I turned the box on and off but I get the same thing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Look's like the box has been put into developer mode @Anonymous User, then those app's have been added on.