cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Guide - 7 day epg

Is the Freeview and now TV program guide on the now TV Smart box going to be updated to support a full 7 day program epg?

Also it would be good to add reminders to TV programs within the guide so you don't miss them.

It's very annoying just being able to see just now and next on freeview and on now tv
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just got a NOW TV box with freckles, and have been very impressed. However, we have been very disappointed in the TV guide. Just having the "Now & Next" programmes available seems far to simplistic. Every other set top box or TV guide we've used displays a week of, if not more programming information AND the ability to set reminders for programmes we want to watch later in the evening/week. I realise that you'd rather we use the NOW TV side of the box more than the LIVE TV side, but we like to use both equally, and think the guide for all Live channels (NOW & Freeview) is lettingan otherwise greatly useful bit of kit down greatly. Will we be seeing this improve in near future updates? Or should I send it back and stick to Now TV via my chromecast and live TV on my TV?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

It's something that has been asked for quite a lot on the forums, but unfortunately NOW TV don't really announce improvements ahead of time so we've no idea whether this is something they are looking into or not. Given it has to fit in with the Roku interface it may not be an easy task to achieve. If you have your box in the same room as another Freeview box, or your TV has a better user interface for Freeview then personally I'd connect the aerial up to them and just use the NOW TV box for the apps, as you'd get a better overall experience that way. That's what I do, although in my case, I use a Freesat box for free-to-air channels. Alternately, as you say you already have a Chromecast you may decide the smart box isn't really offering you enough to keep hold of it, but that's your choice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Andy. I'm new to NOWTV and also have pretty much the same issues as Harrisonact1. I am also very frustrated with not being able to view a week long program guide. I was a skytv customer for 12 years and no loyalty rewards there! While waiting for my NOWTV to be activated I was stuck with watching my freeview channels. I still have my sky box and when watching freeview I was able to access the sky tv guide. Now after connecting my NOWTV setup I am unable to access the skytv week long tv guide.

I am hoping you might be able to tell me if there is any hope of accessing my skytv guide while still connected to my NOWTV and if so could you please HELP!!!

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User unfortunately not on the smart box. I'd use the website version of  the Sky TV guide. It does have the advantage of allowing you to keep watching whilst browsing.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Steve411
Scholar

I ended up downloading the sky+ app on my phone. This gives you all of the channels and 7 days guide.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the welcome, I'm surprised they don't offer a suggestions section like ITV hub! Was hoping to catch there eye on here I guess. The TV guide is such a let down, and quite frankly pretty old hat, for what otherwise is a pretty good piece of kit.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

There is actually an Ideas Board on the forum, but you can't post directly into it, the NOW TV Team instead choose which ideas go in. I'll tag @Simon-J from the NOW TV Team and if he agrees he'll add it to the Ideas Board.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/idb-p/My_Ideas

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Haha just seen the typo for freeview... Now TV with freckles, now that's a future suggestion lol
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Haha just seen the typo for freeview... Now TV with freckles, now that's a future suggestion lol

A NOW TV box with freckles could be a great idea, we've already had a NOW TV box with penguins so who knows ...

image.jpeg