cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Guide - 7 day epg

Is the Freeview and now TV program guide on the now TV Smart box going to be updated to support a full 7 day program epg?

Also it would be good to add reminders to TV programs within the guide so you don't miss them.

It's very annoying just being able to see just now and next on freeview and on now tv
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Will we be seeing this improve in near future updates? Or should I send it back and stick to Now TV via my chromecast and live TV on my TV?

@Anonymous User  I doubt there will be any significant upgrades regarding now & next as Now TV don't make any money from freeview.  The way I see it is it is it was a feature to entice those with older HD ready TVs into getting movie/ents/sports passes.  I suspect future boxes will drop the freeview tuner and provide the capability to handle HD and 4K streams.

As the new Now TV box is the best way of watching Now TV, especially sports with the 50Hz frame rate and the 30 minute buffer, then I wouldn't send it back. Also if 1080p streams ever arrive this box will have no issues with them. 

In conclusion, it is not a fully fledged Freeview box.  It does come in handy for accessing channels not available on older freeview TVs but the real benefits are in the Now services.

As an aside, it's a shame these boxes don't have TV player like Amazon Fire TV as that would make the freeview tuner obsolete.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

ClockEnd wrote:As the new Now TV box is the best way of watching Now TV, especially sports with the 50Hz frame rate and the 30 minute buffer, then I wouldn't send it back. Also if 1080p streams ever arrive this box will have no issues with them. 

The Chromecast also does 1080p and 50Hz though. Not knocking the NOW TV Smart Box, but it's not automatically the best option for everyone given their needs and other devices available to them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy wrote:

ClockEnd wrote:As the new Now TV box is the best way of watching Now TV, especially sports with the 50Hz frame rate and the 30 minute buffer, then I wouldn't send it back. Also if 1080p streams ever arrive this box will have no issues with them. 

The Chromecast also does 1080p and 50Hz though. Not knocking the NOW TV Smart Box, but it's not automatically the best option for everyone given their needs and other devices available to them.

@Andy 

I primarily use a Roku Stick these days as it has Amazon Prime, Google Play, Wuaki and Netflix . Convenience outweighs the quality (which is only applicable to live channels) especially as I only have 2 HDMI inputs on the TV.  I use the Smart box for Sports because of the 30 minute buffer and the 50HZ output being superior.  I would say overall the Smart box is the best overall in terms of functionality and picture quality if all you do is watch Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Andy wrote:

@Andy 

I primarily use a Roku Stick these days as it has Amazon Prime, Google Play, Wuaki and Netflix . Convenience outweighs the quality (which is only applicable to live channels) especially as I only have 2 HDMI inputs on the TV.  I use the Smart box for Sports because of the 30 minute buffer and the 50HZ output being superior.  I would say overall the Smart box is the best overall in terms of functionality and picture quality if all you do is watch Now TV.

And you can put an Ethernet cable into it directly without messing around with Chromecast adaptors and the various issues that arise https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6306422 .  
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User still just now and next. I agree is frustrating especially at end of program in adverts between that and next program.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 2 smart boxes. Been a while now but still no update on a 7 day EPG. How can any box these days not have this? Even the cheapest freeview boxes have this
Anonymous User
Not applicable

+1 for an EPG 😐

Steve411
Scholar

I have downloaded the sky+ app on my phone and this gives you a 7 day