cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Box overheating & Noisey

My mother has Now TV but recently the box has become very noisy and has started to overheat to such an extent that it needs to be unplugged for several hours to cool down. The box is in the same place it has been for several years. Trying to report a fault is a nightmare.

Any ideas

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There are a number of communication methods to reach NowTV on this link below.

I am assuming your Mother is using the NowTV Freeview Smart box (blue NowTV logo on top of the box casing) which i believe is the only NowTV box that has an inbuilt cooling fan.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes it is that box.

Thx, will try to get in touch using the link you provided

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apparently this is quite common in boxes that are a few years old. They advise turning it off for 15-20 minutes to let it cool down - thats really practical when you have to do it every hour or so.

Obviously a fault with the boxes but they don't seem to want to do anything about.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Hi 3T

Whenever I have a small electrical device switched on for a long time I use a desk fan to constantly blow air on it, that way the device is kept cool.

The fan itself can be sized between 4  to 12 inches, with 8 inches being a good compromise (sorry, don't know what these measurements are in metric).

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just found this post after googling "overheating NowTv box" perhaps they're not made to withstand our British summers! I've turned mine off now for a bit... It's only been on a couple of hours though. Could've fried an egg on it!