cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles

Subtitles (in English) are now available on many of the Freeview channels on the Now TV Smart Box.

Just press the star (*) key whilst watching the channel.

Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing @Anonymous User

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I identify which movies or programmes have subtitles? There's no clear way to select or search only cautioned programmes... Very disappointing!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Currently subtitles aren't available on any content in the NOWTV app, only on the Freeview channels that the smart box is able to receive from a connected aerial (and from certain other apps such as BBC iPlayer). In the TV Guide on the box subtitled programmes aren't currently marked so it's just a case of pressing * to see if subtitles appear.

If you watch a lot of content in the NOW TV app you might be interested to know NOW TV are currently recruiting for people to help trial subtitles on NOW TV content. If this appeals to you, you can apply here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Try-subtitles-on-your-NOW-TV-or-Roku-Box/td-p/414391

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy for your super fast and kind answer! 🙂

Have tried to fill the form, but did not receive any confirmation by email - so... let's hope and see!

In all honesty, would I have known as a fact that there are no subtitles atall on any NowTV content (a part from freeview) - I would not have tried it.

I have seen older posts saying it was solved (press the star key and voila) - should have read much carefully rathr than thinking that was a de facto feature all providers need to comply with!

My bad!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You're welcome. Yeah, don't worry it just goes straight to the NOW TV website after you've filled the form in but that's normal so you should be fine (bit annoying you don't get a thank you message or something afterwards), just a case of seeing if you get chosen.

Hopefully with subtitles trialling now it shouldn't be too long before they introduce it to the main service.