cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles won't stay on for Movies

Good afternoon.

I am trying to watch Movies on my Smart TV box but as soon as I go to watch a Movie which I know has subtitles it reverts back to "Off" in Captions Mode even it was left as  ticked against "On always". Going to the ballon icon shows as off and can't be turned to on again unless I go back to Captions Mode in Settings.

Tried factory reset and system reset. Running on version 8.1.3 • build 4170-16.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Resolved. Need to move across in the Subtitles balloon tab to the right of the "i" tab and click on the "English" button to put subtitles back on.  When "Off" tab is highlighted subtitles are off - when no longer highlighted subtitles are on. Changing Settings in the Captions Mode has no impact as the activity whilst watching the film itself controls the Subtitles on/off.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Resolved. Need to move across in the Subtitles balloon tab to the right of the "i" tab and click on the "English" button to put subtitles back on.  When "Off" tab is highlighted subtitles are off - when no longer highlighted subtitles are on. Changing Settings in the Captions Mode has no impact as the activity whilst watching the film itself controls the Subtitles on/off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi this isn’t solved. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I kept doing this many times in films for the last few days, including last night (1st Jan 2021) and it did NOT work. The subtitles were on for the start of the film but then stopped for no apparent reason. Clicking on "English" did not work and the only way I seem able to get subtitles back is to stop the film, use the back button to return to my watchlist and pick the film to restart it again.