cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Streaming live sports and movies quality issue

Just after the last smart box update I am having a issue with the quality of the stream it is like watching a boot leg version this is the same for the live movie stream. I have reset the box and this solves the problem only for a limited time. 

I have checked the Internet connection which is okay 40mb and 5g 98mb this was at peak time on Sunday when the football was on. Checked again this morning monday same problems.

I have tried a wired connection to the box same problem and also the WiFi connection same problem. Now I am wondering has my smart box got a hardware problem. 

3 REPLIES 3
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just after the last smart box update I am having a issue with the quality of the stream it is like watching a boot leg version this is the same for the live movie stream. I have reset the box and this solves the problem only for a limited time. 

I have checked the Internet connection which is okay 40mb and 5g 98mb this was at peak time on Sunday when the football was on. Checked again this morning monday same problems.

I have tried a wired connection to the box same problem and also the WiFi connection same problem. Now I am wondering has my smart box got a hardware problem. 

Hi @Anonymous User Have you tried doing a factory reset at all? This may resolve the issue but if you have tried this already then we'll tr a few more things.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am trying this now. Thank you for your reply

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After the factory reset still the same issue. Okay for about 10 minutes then very poor quality again. I will try it on a standard box that I still have just to make sure that Internet service provider is not playing up. But the speed is still 30mb download and 27mb upload at peak time. Strange that I can go into the app and watch a film from the beginning in High quality but to watch live poor quality