cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spotify app currupt

Hi All,

I have installed the Spotify app twice now an each time the app ends up currupt, it might work for a few seconds but very quickly its impossible to see the keyboard or the login menu, ive managed to actually login to my account once and all the images are just fuzz and i can hardly pick a single song.

App issue or box issue?

Thanks, 

L.

8 REPLIES 8
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

It may be the app as it has been a bit odd for a while. 

Since Spotify made the app, you may need to contact them.

Try this first though to see if the app has an update to it. 🙂

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Other-app-not-working-NOW-TV-Box

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993

Thanks, odd that it works so well on my older black box.

ill look the link up.

Cheers,

L.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well if you haven't already. 🙂

The NOWTV team may be able help via live chat by click the green contact us button at the bottom of that link. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993

uninstalled twice, no luck, just reported it via the link you gave, ta.

billae01
Mentor

Spotify has stopped working on my TV. It has always worked. I have the black square Now TV box. I've reset the box, uninstalled and reinstalled. I've even done the same to the main app on my phone. (Cannot cast either). 

I click on the tv app to open (as normal); I get the full screen Spotify logo and then zilch, it jumps back to the app page. I have no idea why it has suddenly stopped working.

Everything else is fine. All apps, streaming, live tv, entertainment and movies. Even the BT Sport app is okay. It is just Spotify.

The only thing that I have not tried is factory reset, which I am loath to do as I doubt it will correct the issue.

Anyone have this too? Any clue as the what is going on?

Any information on where I report this to? I'm not happy as I use this a lot and pay for the service. 

Thank you in advance,

Ian 3rd July 22.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @billae01 

Also reported this week on this newer started linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Other-Apps/spotify-app/m-p/583808#M3703 

I just tried the Spotify App again on my NOW 4K smart box and still no joy.

Over on NOW Twitter I haven't seen any tweets yet about the Spotify App not working on the NOW branded devices but have seen a couple of tweets about customers saying they can't open the Disney Plus App.

Edit - I have just tried the Disney Plus App on my NOW box and this particular App is playing fine for me, it's just the Spotify App so far on the Apps I have tried on my NOW box.

billae01
Mentor

Thank you, @schnapps. I couldn't find another thread ( not very good for a former owner administrator and Worldwide Admin).

I've sent a message to Now Support. 

In addition, I forgot that the Now interface has been repeatedly reporting 'oops, that didn't work, press BACK'. If it's going to start glitching, I'm switching to Roku.

I'll post any reply. It looks as if the system is not working properly. 

I was thinking of Now Broadband but maybe put that on hold. I can finally get Virgin fibre but not keen on the driveway being dug up.

Repeating on newer thread. 👋

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @billae01 

The Spotify App on my Roku Stick Plus on a different television seems to be still running fine.

It's just the Spotify App on my NOW box that doesn't seem want to play ball for me.

Not getting any error messages when watching NOW or other Apps on my box.

NOW Support may ask you to contact the third party App provider I.e. Spotify.