cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sports Channels in HD?

Hi everyone,

i have a now tv black box, but I've noticed that the sports channels aren't offered in the HD varient.  Does the new smart box offer the channels in HD?

7 REPLIES 7
lenturn
Scholar 2

It's the same stream as the older ones so it's not classed as 'HD', but if you've got a good connection the picture quality is very good imo.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

The new smart box streams live sports channels in up to 720p which is the same as the current black NOW TV box does. In practice the PQ on the smart box does look slightly better, probably due to better upscaling inside, but you won't notice a significant change from your current box.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Streaming-Quality

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that, the only reason I asked, was I was looking to upgrade, but as it doesn't offer the HD Channels, I think I'll save my money and stick with the current box 🙂

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The main advantage that the new 'smart' box has over previous NOW TV (Roku) boxes, is that it's able to output video at its native 50Hz rate (instead of 60Hz). Which is much better when viewing fast motion sports 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SeeMoreDigital wrote:

The main advantage that the new 'smart' box has over previous NOW TV (Roku) boxes, is that it's able to output video at its native 50Hz rate (instead of 60Hz). Which is much better when viewing fast motion sports Smiley Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen this mentioned in several postings recently.  Is it user-selectable to output at either 50 Hz or 60 Hz, or is it fixed at 50 Hz on the "Smart" box?

Wlat

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The new smart box is fixed at 50Hz video playback.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've seen this mentioned in several postings recently.  Is it user-selectable to output at either 50 Hz or 60 Hz, or is it fixed at 50 Hz on the "Smart" box? 

It's video output is fixed at 50Hz. Primarily because ALL of NOW TV content is 50Hz 😉