cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound drop out on new now tv smart box

I have just installed a brand new now tv smart box and am really unhappy as the sound is constantly dropping out. Its virtually unusable. Its impossible to enjoy any programming with this hapoening.

I have a 20mbs+ fibre connection 

it seems from the forums and boards that this is a massive problem. If I had known about it I would never have outlayed the 69.99 for the box and a movie pass. 

What is the solution? And please do not say "turn the power off and back on again"

I am about five minutes away from returning the whole thing for a refund. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Bit of a long shot because the audio dropouts is happening on both Freeview and the NowTV service over the internet which are two different delivery methods, therefore have you tried a different HDMI cable and swapping the HDMI ports on your TV ?

Also double check and have a play around with the audio settings in the Panasonic TV, try with the Veria Link off / on and try different audio settings in the smart box.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

it seems from the forums and boards that this is a massive problem. If I had known about it I would never have outlayed the 69.99 for the box and a movie pass. 

It's hardly a 'massive' problem @Anonymous User. 

For clarification purposes it would help if you could confirm exactly what you were watching. And how your NOW TV playback device is connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

I am using a new now tv smart box, connected via hdmi cable to Panasonic viera tv.
It's happened on everything that I have tried to view. I have the tv aerial plugged into the box for free view and so far every channel has the drop outs. Same on YouTube app
And also tried a few episodes of true detective season one.

Every channel on the free view to and everything I have tried to view on nowtv is the same. Every few seconds the sound drops out then returns.

What is the solution?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi Helen,

So your audio drop-out issues are happening when viewing Freeview TV channels and NOW TV 'Entertainment' content... How odd.

Can you confirm your NOW TV playback devices 'software' is fully up-to date. Perhaps it requires updating?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Bit of a long shot because the audio dropouts is happening on both Freeview and the NowTV service over the internet which are two different delivery methods, therefore have you tried a different HDMI cable and swapping the HDMI ports on your TV ?

Also double check and have a play around with the audio settings in the Panasonic TV, try with the Veria Link off / on and try different audio settings in the smart box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

followed your suggestions, unplugged everything and recabled. Put nowtv box into a different hdmi port and turned off viera link. 

Its been ok for half an hour now. Might have got it.

thanks for your help

😃