cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound drop out live stream

Whilst watching any program on now entertainment, the sound drops every few seconds. The video plays as normal and doesn't freeze but the sound stops and comes back constantly.

Feels like there is some form of buffering happening but no idea how to resolve. 

Switched off box, left off for more than 10mins. Rebooted several times, tried several different channels and apps and all do the same thing.

Just live standard channels work as normal such as bbc1 etc.

Hope someone can help.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I haven’t come across buffering where the video, by far the most bandwidth, continues while the sound stops. And presumably the sound, when it comes back, is still in sync with the video?

What make and model of TV, and what make and model of device, if not a native Now app on the TV, is this happening on?

And you say it happens on other apps?

If so, do you think this might be an issue with Now broadband if you have it, or the TV (Sony Android sets are known to do this) rather than Now streaming specifically?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

haha

ahahaha

hahaha

RoyB
Legend

It looks like all the dropouts aren’t just in the sound stream 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
TVMac
Advocate

This has been happening to me too for a few months. It’s definitely not my TV as I’ve requested a tv repair which was done today (mother board has been changed), problem still exist. The sounds is also out of sync. If anybody knows what wrong and how to fix I appreciate it.  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TVMac 

Was the TV set back to factory settings as part of the “TV repair”? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
TVMac
Advocate

Hi @gavs82008  yes it was. 

I was reading the threads on here and I’ve fixed the problem or at least I hope I have only watched the tv for 10 mins and no issues! I changed the HDMI Cable and pushed the Ariel firmly into the back of the nowtv set top box. (I have the big black box with blue writing). 
Thanks. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TVMac 

Cool just making sure 😇 glad to hear it’s been “temporarily” resolved and let’s hope it stays fixed! 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help