cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound Issues

Does anyone else have terrible sound on the Freeview tuner ? 

The NowTV apps seem to handle the sound ok.

The Spotify App however is awfull.

I've messed with the sound settings on the box and the TV but no improvement. Swapped HDMI leads, etc

Anyone else or just me ?

10 REPLIES 10
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's your NOW TV playback devices 'software' version?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

not sure, will have to check - got new tuner box yesterday and updated so would assume its the latest revision

Anonymous User
Not applicable

version 7.0 build 4192

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

version 7.0 build 4192

Yep... that's currently the newest version.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

so you dont have any issues then ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried a factory reset starting again from scratch and carryout a retune of the Freeview channels ?

The factory reset option is in the smart box settings, go to settings > system > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

good shout, not tried that actually - first time i open spotify actually all the text was illegible and had to restart now tv box and then it came back fine.....will give it a go.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks guys, yeah thought there would be many posts about it if i wasn't alone...............

appreciate the comments and suggestions

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

so you dont have any issues then ?

HI @Anonymous User

As far as I know this is the first time sound issues have been reported smart box at least it's the first time sound issues have been reported on the forum anyway. So it would appear that at the moment this issue is unique to yourself 

EDIT

Are you using an AV receiver or I knew using just the TV for the sound.? If you're using an AV receiver with the optical audio out on the TV and the box is connected to the TV via HDMI you may need to manually alter the HDMI audio mode on the box to Dolby Digital plus, DTS in order for the box to behave appropriately audio wise. Because then the smart box will be under no illusions that it is connected to a sound system

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.