cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

“Sorry, something went wrong” error

I keep getting the “Sorry, something went wrong” error message - it happens every few minutes!

I’ve turned off the power to the Now TV smart box, restarted the router and performed a factory reset - none of it worked. I’m still getting the “sorry, something went wrong” message.

It happens whether I’m watching live tv or a playback. If I’m watching the latter, it doesn’t remember where I was and starts again from the beginning. Why else can I so as it’s extremely frustrating?

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wouldn't bother waiting. I found it so annoying. I tried to speak to an advisor and was told talk to the effing robot on chat. I'm furious with how now TV have dealt with this. They take your money very quickly but refuses to provide a decent service. Best way to solve the problem is cancel and get a new provider. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I agree, their customer service is shockingly terrible!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve only had roku for three months. Gutted. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for that update. You got further than I did with the chat robot! I’ve been experiencing it for 2-3 days now. I don't suppose they have any indication as to how long it’ll take to fix?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No official indication of timescale, I'm afraid.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has this been resolved as I have had this problem the past 2 weeks doing a google search took me to this thread and it’s now 2021 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not that I’m aware of, although I do know that a factory reset usually sorts out issues.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i spoke to someone by chat and they told me to reset the box and had to start again and it didn't work, still getting the error message

leafyarbour
Mentor

Same here - Roku Streaming Stick + 

Definitely a NOW TV problem by the look of it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What a load of crock this Nowtv has turned out to be. Can't speak with anyone and if you do manage to actually speak to someone,they tell you to contact the robot on chat. How hilarious is that. Now TV must employ monkeys if a robot has more sense and knowledge 🤣 as a result I've cancelled now TV. Will also find a new broadband provider. If we all did that they would soon get their act together.