cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

“Sorry, something went wrong” error

I keep getting the “Sorry, something went wrong” error message - it happens every few minutes!

I’ve turned off the power to the Now TV smart box, restarted the router and performed a factory reset - none of it worked. I’m still getting the “sorry, something went wrong” message.

It happens whether I’m watching live tv or a playback. If I’m watching the latter, it doesn’t remember where I was and starts again from the beginning. Why else can I so as it’s extremely frustrating?

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been getting same problem. Happening about every 10mins tried reset but still not working

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Seems to be happening to quite a few people over the last day or two.

Here's one typical thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Something-went-wrong/m-p/544950#M16414 

Just wondering what NowTV box version do you have and did your box get a software update recently from OS 9.2 to 9.3 ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s not happening on my either my phone or tablet, it’s happening when watching the TV. 
I’ve had the box for over 2 years now - not sure which version/model it is??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would it be this box in the picture below or the box with the NowTV blue or pink logo on the top casing ?

When you go into the box settings under Systems, then about it should show the software version number.

Have you tried going into Apps Store, then click on the NowTV App, then click on "Go to App" to see if the error message still happens from there (can't check myself because i am not encountering this message on my newer NowTV 4K Smart Box).

98e73a3b855697a6612136111777818f-1200-80.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

It’s the box with the blue logo on top and it’s device number is 4500SK (which means absolutely nothing to me 😆). Can’t seem to locate the software version in setting though?

I’ve not tried going through the apps, but will try that now. 

Georgie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

I found the software version:-
    9.3.3 • build 4104-16. 

Does that mean anything to you?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same issue on my smart box aswell to the point we can't watch a programme as it keeps happening so often!! It doesn't say we need any updates either 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very frustratingly, the same problem is happening through the app on the TV as well.

I can’t even call customer services as they don’t have call handlers for TV issues, only broadband issues. Can honestly say I’m very disappointed with the service - or lack of! 

I’ve submitted a complaint, so now I guess I just have to wait. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just done live chat and was told that there is a software problem which is being worked on urgently.