cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Software update sound problems

Has anyone else got audio dropouts since yesterday's software update, it's definitely that as leads have been checked and are fine, and other audio sources are not exhibiting any problems like this.

29 REPLIES 29
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User I'd recommend reporting the issue direct to the trials team...

@Anonymous User... Were you a member of the original NOW TV 'smart' box trials team. Or did you obtain a 'second-hand' box?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a brand new smart box around October and signed up to the red button trial via the link on the forum.  It's the first trial I've signed up to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am a brand new Nowtv combo customer with the new black smart box and my sound stops for a second or two every so often, ethernet and WIFI, on all channels on live, catch up tv and Nowtv on every programme I watch.

If I use the 'App' on my tv connected to the same router and broadband it works perfectly.

This leads me to think the box is faulty.

Please help?

Kurt

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am a brand new Nowtv combo customer with the new black smart box and my sound stops for a second or two every so often, ethernet and WIFI, on all channels on live, catch up tv and Nowtv on every programme I watch.

If I use the 'App' on my tv connected to the same router and broadband it works perfectly.

Please help?

Kurt

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Kurt

Posting the same post in two different places comes across as selfish and is frowned upon.

Like other forum members and moderator know you have what you believe is an urgent problem but posting the same thing in two places is not going to get you help any faster.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You mean that YOU think it is selfish.

How is this selfish this is what these forums are for?

The post I have made is relevant to both the smartbox discussion AND the sound problems discussion.

I will also be posting the answer to both to help other users.

You could always try helping people with their problems rather than focusing on are they following the correct ettiquette.

Munkybunky

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Sorry that you are upset by my post but the "correct etiquette" is a necessity to prevent this forum from degenerating into an anarchic mess that will help no one.

I am sure that your solution will help other forum members but if you can't see that behaving properly helps everyone, in both long and short term, then this forum will not achieve it's main objective and that is to help as many forum members as possible.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You come across as very judgemental and I dont understand why you feel the need to express an opinion on a perfectly innocent post from a new user who has joined to community for help and to contribute.

I believe your behaviour is affecting the forum by making it appear unfriendly and closed when it should be open and welcoming.

Munky Bunky

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am a brand new Nowtv combo customer with the new black smart box and my sound stops for a second or two every so often on all channels on live and non live tv and Nowtv on every programme I watch.

Also if I use the 'App' on my tv connected to the same router and broadband it works perfectly.

Please help?

Kurt