cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgilbert2
Scholar

Smartbox updated to 7.7.3

Yesterday my Smartbox updated to version 7.7.3 build 4135-16.

I cannot see any obvious changes other than the NowTV app now being version 4.4.353

Anyone know has has changed?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dgilbert2
Things I’ve seen is can add voucher in My Account section and some of NOW TV logos are smaller like Sky Cinema but that’s it and App for iPhone been updated too
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @dgilbert2

From what i can see there is only subtle differences with the newer Firmware on the smart box and nothing ground breaking.

1. Under My Account to apply a voucher code now seems more simplified by an Apply voucher button.

2. The information bar when watching content with the NowTV is slightly changed, where FF and RW now shows 1 min and 2 min speed increases with a circle added showing the position of the progress bar, instead of the older 60 secs and 120 secs speed intervals with no circle.

3. On the old firmware the TV show or movie additional information was automatically shown on screen when pressing the OK or option button on the remote, with the newer Firmware there is an information (I) button to select for further addition information details.

4. When pausing a Now TV show, movie, sports, kids on a live stream the Pause, FF and RW graphics now shown on the TV screen are colour coordinated with the type of pass i.e. orange for entertainment, purple for movies, blue for sports and i am guessing red for kids.

Those are some of the changes that i have noticed, where i am sure there are more subtle differences and other improvements in the background.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps
I knew about new features but couldn’t say anything how my brother has new product from NOW TV how he on hardware trial
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have we always had live restart when watching live TV (from the TV guide in the app) where the programme is available on demand?  I didn't think we did but might just be me missing it.  Not a huge amount of prgrammes where it works at the moment though.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User This a new feature introduced with app version 4.4. Not available on all programs though. Any program that won’t appear on catch-up until an hour or more after live proadcast won’t have it (probably). Psst... if you use the watch from the start option - no adverts. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

For me the most welcome change to the 4.4.353 version of the NOW TV app is it fixes the bug preventing people from removing expired items from the watchlist. Hope it gets pushed through to other devices quickly.

Miketurn
Scholar 3

Wish they'd do something actually worthwhile and add a facility to hide or delete the Freeview channels on the box instead.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dgilbert2 wrote:

Yesterday my Smartbox updated to version 7.7.3 build 4135-16.

I cannot see any obvious changes other than the NowTV app now being version 4.4.353

Anyone know has has changed?

Couple of things:

1) if youhave a programme paused; continue watching; and then attempt to fast forward, the programme jumps back to the point we originally paused.

2) when you turn on your NOWTV box it turns the tv on and on the correct hdmi input but it then seems to lose the signal and changes to a different hdmi input.

So not particularly useful