cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smartbox stuck on home ..

Hi,

Just woke up this morning to find my smartbox stuck on the home screen as below photo.

photo

http://eriks.duckdns.org/misc/20161119_080123.jpg

The light flashes when remote is pressed / and clicks when pressing the top left button on remote but nothing happens.

I've pressed the reset on the botton and went through the setup again but once all done I'm stuck on the same home screen as above.

Logging into my router even shows it as connected ?

Smartbox-frontroomB8:A1:75:16:7A:8A192.168.1.248

Any ideas how to fix ?

Thanks.

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

its all back now, unplug again and turn on

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too, up on a Saturday morning unplugging cables, resetting boxes etc

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be good if sky posted In this topic with a update on how they are fixing there blunder and when . Instead they close there live chat and send out generic emails 👎 They should be embarrassed. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem too..switched on to watch Soccer Am and my box is frozen 

Legend 5
Legend 5

Try:  Press reset, as box loads press now button.  On mine this bought up a blank page,  press reset again it loaded.  thanks to @Anonymous User  for suggestion in other thread in Roku section.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just rebooted and mines working!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it just me or is the picture lower quality now? It was very good previously, but now its just  SD for me?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem and have tried all the supposed fixes.

Is it even worth taking the box back to the shop for an exchange as everyone seems to be affected by this issue??

Izzi in Edinburgh.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem seems to be fixed now 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

MINE TOO.SENT BACK TO ARGOS AND GOT NEW MACHINE BUT WAITING FOR IT TO HAPPEN AGAIN.IF THEY DONT WANT ALL THE BOXES BACK THEY BETTER FIX SOON