cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smartbox stuck on home ..

Hi,

Just woke up this morning to find my smartbox stuck on the home screen as below photo.

photo

http://eriks.duckdns.org/misc/20161119_080123.jpg

The light flashes when remote is pressed / and clicks when pressing the top left button on remote but nothing happens.

I've pressed the reset on the botton and went through the setup again but once all done I'm stuck on the same home screen as above.

Logging into my router even shows it as connected ?

Smartbox-frontroomB8:A1:75:16:7A:8A192.168.1.248

Any ideas how to fix ?

Thanks.

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too, hope it is a quick fix. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeap I have the same issue. Run through all the usually.... nothing any idea on a fix?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too. Have tried all the normal procedures nothing works. Was about to drag my box back to the shop before checking this forum. Perhaps an announcement on main page from NowTV might help other customers. Hope it's fixed soon.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thought it was just me! Just got the Nowtv combo a few days ago and thought my new smart box had broken already! Hopefully they'll fix it soon!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pulling my hair out - cannot reset the bloody box as its froze on Home screen and I've reset - unplugged and restared 10 times before coming here!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me. Communication doesn't seem to be NOW's strength.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

you think these twits would put a big notice on the main now tv page!

have tried using the help for frozen box wasting my time and then tried contacting them on live chat and magically they have closed it all down Smiley Sad

makes you mad wonder how many others going round the same stupid circles because they are to lazy to put up a big notice on the main home now tv page

basil

Anonymous User
Not applicable

mis post

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor wrote:

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issues-Logging-into-NOW-TV-Boxes-19-11-2016/m-p/...

we have all seen that point was try there main now tv page has no notice of issue

also have stuck a thread up on hotdeals to let people know there as well. wonder how much bad publicity it takes to get fixed.

bit like asda few weeks back where none of the card machines where working on that sunday

basil