cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart stick remote - smart box volume control compatibility

Hey gang,

I have a Smart Remote with volume controls, and a Smart box with Freeview (model 4500SK). 

Is there no way to set up tv volume control on that model of Smart box as there isn't the pairing option in the settings like there is on the smart stick?

faanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You would initially need to plug in a NowTV Stick or NowTV 4K Smart box and pair with the television that you want to use with the NowTV Freeview box on.

Then once the Smart voice remote is paired with the newer 4K box or Stick you can use it with the NowTV Freeview box.

There are a few caveats mind, going from memory you will still need to use the old style remote to wake the NowTV Freeview box up from its hibernation off mode (unless you use a WOL App on your smartphone or you unplug and replug the power supply to the NowTV Freeview box, plus not all the direct access keys work on the Smart Voice remote again from memory the My TV button, TV Guide button and Kids button doesn't work with the Freeview box version).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You would initially need to plug in a NowTV Stick or NowTV 4K Smart box and pair with the television that you want to use with the NowTV Freeview box on.

Then once the Smart voice remote is paired with the newer 4K box or Stick you can use it with the NowTV Freeview box.

There are a few caveats mind, going from memory you will still need to use the old style remote to wake the NowTV Freeview box up from its hibernation off mode (unless you use a WOL App on your smartphone or you unplug and replug the power supply to the NowTV Freeview box, plus not all the direct access keys work on the Smart Voice remote again from memory the My TV button, TV Guide button and Kids button doesn't work with the Freeview box version).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks! This worked a treat 🙂 You've got a good memory, as you were spot on with the direct buttons that don't carry over. But they're no problem for me. 

Thanks again