cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box

I have ordered a new combo with the smart to box, it says not to connect it until my now TV broadband Is activated. Why would this be? Broadband is broadband right? My Subscription will be the same
8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

There is a Broadband customer phone number under My Account > My Package.

Why don't you ring them for clarification.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User is it saying not to connect your NOWTV Smart box or your NOWTV Hub, as the later can only be connected once the broadband is live?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It says not to connect either, can't see why I can't connect the smart box on my current provider, I don't know if they mean if don't already have broadband.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User There's no reason why you can't connect the smart box up now. The only thing you'll need to do on your activation day is change the wifi settings (if you are connecting via wifi) from your current router to the new NOW TV hub once you've got that set up. 

You should already be able to watch whichever pass(es) you chose when you signed up for your combo, and access is free of charge until your activation date, so you might as well get your smart box set up now and start enjoying it!

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Has your first payment been taken yet for your combo (other than set up charges)? If not I suspect that is the reason, the pass related to the combo type you have chosen won't be active yet. The three elements of the combo should run simultaneously, hence if the broadband is not ready the other elements won't be either.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I don't see how that is correct. The whole point is it is a combo. Other passes however should work.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268

When you sign up for a combo, whichever pass(es) you choose to be part of your combo are activated straight away, so you can watch them without having to wait for the broadband activation date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's what I thought, and you can buy the smart box off a combo anyway so I thought I could just connect it