cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box tv screen shakey

Hi all, just bought a smart box and registered. Set up went well and all seems working, except the picture on my TV ''shaking'' up and down slightly. Anyone !!!!!!

181 REPLIES 181
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Exactly my experience. TV was fine until the software update (I'm using a Samsung US TV that clearly doesn't support 60hz!) 

My older TV seems to support both and is fine after the sw update. 

Hi @Anonymous User,

Actually your US Samsung television will support 60Hz perfectly fine (because that the frequency the use over in the states). The NOW TV 'smart' box outputs 50Hz!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also just realised my old now tv box ran at 1080p@60hz yet the new now tv smart box runs 1080p@50hz, is there anyway to change/edit this through any secret menus etc?. I wonder if this is part of the shakey judder issue
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

50Hz playback is the standard used by UK broadcasters and TV's sold for the UK market should at least be 50Hz compatible, where over in the USA for example they tend to use 60Hz playback on their TV displays. 

Most modern TV sets can accept both a 50Hz and 60Hz incoming signal to your TV display and will normally auto change to the frequency output of the connected player.

If you google your TV make and model specifications you should be able to check what frequency your TV display can accept.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am aware of all of the above. I was just wondering if there is some issue with now tv box and 50hz. As you are probably aware every other now tv and roku Box output exclusively at 60hz, this is the first box to output at 50hz. My tv works fine with everything else at either hz, so I was just suggesting there may be something going on here.

As the issue only arose once the box updated to latest build I am unable to check what hz it was running at out of the box before the forced update.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Before the smart box did a forced software update it was still outputting a fixed 50Hz on the original software.

It looks like to me (pure guess on my part) that since the forced software update there is something in the latest software / firmware update that is corrupted / broken which for some reason is effecting a certain model in Samsung TV range.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad to hear some progress has been made. My model is le46m87bdx(not sure this is now needed).
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, I hope they fix this issue soon. I already activated my 5 month entertainment pass which is currently wasted.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, just plugged in my new smart box and the picture wobbles, I've tried different HDMI leads and all the HDMI connections on the tv to no avail.

Don't think its the tv because my normal now tv box is fine and 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

What type of TV have you got the Smart Box plugged into ?

Does your symptoms resemble the same as these other users are having on this board ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a Samsung 1080p, UK 

No issues with normal black now tv box or Roku3.

Yes picture wobble like the people in the highlighted thread.