cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box tv screen shakey

Hi all, just bought a smart box and registered. Set up went well and all seems working, except the picture on my TV ''shaking'' up and down slightly. Anyone !!!!!!

181 REPLIES 181
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No - it will only let me select 720p the 1080 is grey and I cannot select it anyway?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you got a second TV in the house just to test the smart box out to see if the jittery picture is also happening on another TV  ?

Don't worry about connecting an aerial to the box, the smart box will still work, all you require is a second TV with a HDMI port and a WiFI connection to your router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have only got two smart LG TVs - I can try it on one of them, thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yes if you can try the smart box on your LG TV's then that will help pin pointing if there is an issue with either the NowTV smart box or your Samsung TV which would then need further investigation.

One other quick thing, if your LG TV also has the same jittery picture from the smart box, if you have got a spare HDMI cable in the house could you try that has well please (just in case the new HDMI cable that was supplied with the box is defective in some way ).

Please post back here with your testing results on your LG TV.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, I tried a new cable - still the same- I have also tried the now smart box on my new LG TV, worked perfectly - I also tried it on my ancient 10 year old telly - surprise! worked perfect.
Really at a loss now what to do next- I have tried everything suggested on here! I also spoke to the "now tv" live chat and she checked and said my tv is compatable - the tv works fine with just the aerial, my play station 4 and my sky box ??
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With both LG Tv's working ok with the smart box this would suggest that the NowTV box is not the problem with the jittery picture.

We need to concentrate on your Samsung TV for the reason why you are getting the picture issues.

How many HDMI ports have you got on the Samsung TV, if more than one try a different HDMI port on the TV, to see what happens ?

Are you using an external HDMI switcher hub or is the NowTV smart box connected straight into the Samsung TV ?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Please don't forget my "two more questions": -

• Have you tried connecting the NOW TV 'smart' Box to different HDMI inputs on your Samsung TV?
  • When the NOW TV 'smart' Box is connected to your Samsung TV, does your TV display the 'frequency' of HDMI connected devices... ie: do you see something on-screen such as 720p 50Hz. If so, what does it actually say? 

Cheers

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
No - it will only let me select 720p the 1080 is grey and I cannot select it anyway?

Now that is interesting....

As this suggests that your TV's HDMI chip-set is doing what it should - ie: blocking the frequencies your TV can't support.

The good news is, the NOW TV developers might be able to tweak their new boxes 720p EDID output option.

Two more questions: -

• Have you tried connecting the NOW TV 'smart' Box to different HDMI inputs on your Samsung TV?
  • When the NOW TV 'smart' Box is connected to your Samsung TV, does your TV display the 'frequency' of HDMI connected devices... ie: do you see something on-screen such as 720p 50Hz. If so, what does it actually say? 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm using a NOW TV SMART BOX with a Samsung UE22H5610 TV and it works just fine. Must be an issue with old sets?
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

On your Samsung TV can I ask you to try turning off any kind of "motion smoothing" options that are turned on under your Tv's settings and let us know if that makes a difference for you? Might be called Auto Motion Plus on your TV.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team