cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box tv screen shakey

Hi all, just bought a smart box and registered. Set up went well and all seems working, except the picture on my TV ''shaking'' up and down slightly. Anyone !!!!!!

181 REPLIES 181
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

SMD, The TV is a Samsung LE37M8.

Thanks for the confirmation.... Just as I thought. You have a pre-smart TV... And it's a Samsung!

I'm not familiar with the HDMI 'video output' options of the NOW TV 'smart' Box but if it offers 720p I suggest you try it. As you TV wont correctly support 1080p (only 1080i).

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital, @Anonymous Useryes the box does offer 720p  I have my non smart bush set on that.  It works fine no jumping.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
mark_suff
Expert

Haven't seen a tv pic do that since the days of vertical/horizontal hold  Smiley Indifferent.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

From what I remember it was primarily an issue with a particular Samsung HDMI chip-set that dates back to the late naughties...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My new box arrived to day and is jittery - even the I-player app is - it's a Samsung telly - I spoke to someone on the live chat and she advised me it normal ? It's not going live till 31st of August - then it will be fine - any one else got this problem ???
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

A couple of days ago somebody else posted much the same issue within this Smart box tv screen shakey topic, who also has a Samsung TV.

Out of interest... What's the model number of your Samsung television?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I saw this post! My TV is Samsung LE40N87BD
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes I saw this post! My TV is Samsung LE40N87BD

Okay....

Have you tried setting the HDMI 'video output' option on the NOW TV 'smart' Box to 720p?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes it's set on 720p?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes it's set on 720p?

Does your Samsung TV behave any differently when the NOW TV 'smart' Box is set to output 720p or 1080p?