cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box tv screen shakey

Hi all, just bought a smart box and registered. Set up went well and all seems working, except the picture on my TV ''shaking'' up and down slightly. Anyone !!!!!!

181 REPLIES 181
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for the details have you gone through a software update? I will send your details to see if a fix can be deployed to your box. Also have you tried the box on another TV to see if the same issue is there?

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi EddieM,

Thanks for the quick reply, I did do another software update last night before posting but it has made no difference. At the moment I do not have another TV to try the box on, if I do get the oppertunity to try on another TV I will and update accordingly....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@EddieM wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for the details have you gone through a software update? I will send your details to see if a fix can be deployed to your box. Also have you tried the box on another TV to see if the same issue is there?

Thanks

Eddie

Hi EddieM,

Has there been any update on an ETA for a fix. It's been a while and no contact from support and the scren shake is still there??

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have a Sony tv, and on the menu screen and especially the YouTube app it flickers like crazy. It's not a cable problem as works fine with other things, it's got to be the Now TV Smart box.
Can someone please give me a fix for this.
Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User do you have the box set to 720 or 1080? Which ever you have been try the other.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I was on 1080, but tested on 720 this morning. It does not happen on 720.
Is there a fix for this, it's really frustrating and disappointing. I actually have a second box in the bedroom that I could try, or do you believe it is a common fault.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sufficed to say, not all (dumb) TV's are able to support 1080p correctly!

If the panel in your TV offers a native resolution of 1366x768 pixels, it's far more likely to support 720p and 1080i - not 1080p.

Which means the 'smart' boxes 'Display type' mode should be set to '720p HD TV' - not '1080p HD TV'. As it could confuse the TV's HDMI chip-set and make it do weird things - such as shake 😉

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it's not a fault, it just depends on your TV. I have my own set to 720 as it works better on mine too. Glad it removed the shake for you.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys, it's a Sony KDL 40W 4000 has full 1080p specification. Seems to me like it should work, all my other 1080p devices work?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just swapped boxes from upstairs, and it does it with both boxes. The bedroom TV is fine, comes up saying display is 1080p at 50hz. So must be the living room TV.
Is it the frequency at fault, software issue or what? Pretty poor to be honest 😞