cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box tv screen shakey

Hi all, just bought a smart box and registered. Set up went well and all seems working, except the picture on my TV ''shaking'' up and down slightly. Anyone !!!!!!

181 REPLIES 181
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Connecting a PC or Tablet with a HDMI out, will not work with the smart box.

The smart box HDMI out is designed to work with a TV, Monitor or Projector with a suitable HDMI input only.

Your best bet is to speak to the Samsung Engineer on Monday.

I would be interested to know what Samsung say, so would you mind posting back here after you have spoken to them.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you.

I will report back.

Cheers

Ragger
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User, 

Have you tried turning off Auto Motion Plus on your Samsung TV?

The steps are here: 

Press menu > Picture > Picture Options > auto motion plus

Use the arrow buttons to scroll through the options until they come to Off and then press Exit

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I wonder if anybody with this problem could upload a short video of what they are actually seeing?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have this problem too.

It's a Samsung le46m87bdx xeu (46" LCD).

I've tested the NowTV box on an old 16"DTV / DVD combo with HDMI input; and a 2 year old Samsung Smart TV - both work fine so it's definitely an issue with the non-smart Samsung le46m87bdx.

Video below, however the shakiness doesn't come across on video to its full extent. Sorry for moving around a lot, I was trying to capture the shakiness.

https://youtu.be/t6BTdYnBxzM

I've been through all the TV settings I can find, and tried all three HDMI ports. I even tried renaming the HDMI ports as 'PC'. Still no joy.

I've also emailed Samsung today, to see what they say.

Finally, I've ordered an HDMI to VGA adapter in the hope that I the TVs PC input might work better.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

Finally, I've ordered an HDMI to VGA adapter in the hope that I the TVs PC input might work better.

@Anonymous User

With regards to the HDMI to VGA adaptor that you have ordered does it have some method to output sound ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi,

yes it does.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for uploading that video @Anonymous User, I will pass it onto the team who are looking at this issue.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

I abandoned this and used the box on another TV for a few months. I stopped following this thread as well.

Thought I'd try it again last week on the Samsung le46m87bdx xeu (46" LCD). I can confirm no longer any shakiness.

Thanks!

Not sure what happened although when trying to find this thread just now I did come accross an unread email NowTV sent me on 3rd Ocotber saying that the issue should be fixed and auto updated on the box - so I guess that explains it.

So, thanks very much! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SMD, The TV is a Samsung LE37M8.

I've also got a TiVo box and swopped HDMI sockets and still it shakes. The HDMI lead is the one supplied with the now box.

Any other suggestions.