cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box tv screen shakey

Hi all, just bought a smart box and registered. Set up went well and all seems working, except the picture on my TV ''shaking'' up and down slightly. Anyone !!!!!!

181 REPLIES 181
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That sound a little weird, suppose you could try a few things below.

• Try rebooting the box by unplugging the power to the box.
  • Try switching between 1080 to 720p in the box menu settings.
  • Try a forced update on the RC press Home key x 5, then FF key x 3, the RW key x 2.
  • If that doesn't work try disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable, make sure that both the TV and box is switched off before attempting this.
  • Try a different HDMI port on your TV or a different HDMI cable.
  • Last resort try a factory reset, there is a reset button underneath the box (make sure you know your wifi password and nowtv username & password before carrying out a factory reset).
  • Also have a play around with your TV motion processing settings like Intelligent Frame Creation etc.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Another question is the picture shaking up & down only on the Freeview channels or does it happen also on the NowTV channels and things like the BBC IPlayer apps etc ?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I've only ever seen shaky HDMI images on 'pre-smart' televisions that suffered EDID compatibility issues!

Out of interest... What's the make and model of your television?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Also a thought, have you got another TV in the house that you can temporary hook up the NowTV box too, just to see if you get the same shaking picture on the second TV ?

Don't worry about connecting an aerial, the box will still work on the nowtv channels and the other apps over wifi.

By doing this test you can pin point if your main TV needs to be investigated further or there is some issue with the nowtv smart box that needs to be looked at more closely.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks schnapps I'll give it a go.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

This is a bit of a wierd one.

As @schnapps has asked is this happening on the freeview channels and also stuff from the NOW TV App ?

Also I can see this has been asked as well, Is it moving up and down or side to side ?

Is it possible you can record a short video and either use dropbox or something like that to link it to us ?

Our tech teams want to see this as it's an unusual one.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have got the same shaky picture problem.  Tech support advised a reset of my new Now smart box but no good.  Then tried to change from 720 to 2020 resolution.  My TV could not support that resolution.

My TV is a Samsung LE32M8.  Tried going on to youtube and got same shake.  Don't know if this is relevant but we do not use TV aerial as we have Freesat from an old Sky dish.  Can't see why that may be a problem.

Have tried all the different picture size options on the TV.

Any ideas?

Ragger

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Firstly there shouldn't be any difference if you have an aerial either connected or not connected to the smart box apart from the Freeview TV & Radio channels won't be available.

I have tested the smart box with just an internet connection without an aerial and the picture is perfectly fine.

So far this shaking picture issue only seems to be effecting one older Samsung TV from reading this thread (the other forum member who reported the same fault had the 37 inch version of the same Samsung model TV ie LE37M8).

Have you got another TV with an HDMI port in the house to test the smart box with to prove the issue is with this particular Samsung TV ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks. I do not have another tv. All l have is a PC which has a hdmi port but does not seem to recognise the now box. Plus l have a Windows 10 laptop.

Now support eventually suggested l contact Samsung and gave me a number. I phoned that but the lady said my tv was too old for her to support and gave me the number of an 'engineer'. I phoned that but they are closed until Monday.

Cheers

Ragger