cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box problem

Hi all! I have had a smart box for about a year now and love it but just recently I'm having trouble using anything other than the free view. Movies, entertainment and all catchup channels wont load. Around 2 tries out of 10 it'll work but otherwise it just shows the loading symbol but doesn't do anything, getting very frustrated. I have an old now tv box which works every time so maybe my smart box has had it? Has anyone else had this issue?
8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you confirm your broadband provider is it TalkTalk or somebody else ?

The reason i am asking is that a lot of TalkTalk broadband users are encountering difficulties using their smart boxes since a recent firmware update by nowtv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am with talk talk for broadband. I did notice when it first happened that my box had updated on that morning. My old box is fine though. I've done all the resets with the box and my router
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I had a suspicion that you might be a TalkTalk broadband customer, where quite a few members have reported issues with their smart boxes since firmware version 8.0.3 was pushed out and there seems to be a bug somewhere in the software that is conflicting with TalkTalk Routers.

I am on BT and everything is fine with my smart box, the only things i could suggest, is to try everything in this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Now-TV-Smart-Box-NowTV-App-after-Update/m-p/460389#M5384

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much foe the information I will give it a try!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Should nothing work in my first link.

Then it might be worth trying this helpful suggestion in the last posted message by Mowbraykid here.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Unable-to-connect-to-Talk-Talk-Fibre-wifi/td-p/458393

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There was an update to version 8.0.3 but still isn't working. Testing the internet connection comes back fine. Is it worth me contacting now tv directly?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Firmware version 8.03 is what has caused all the problems with the smart box to a number of TalkTalk customers Smiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am a talk talk customer and I am having exactly the same issue!! 😠