cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box not receiving freeview channels-please help

Hi
I've just moved into a house, plugged the smart box in and all my preloaded channels from my previous property were on screen but many were coming up "no signal"
I've rescanned for channels and I'm only getting 10 tv channels, plus 24 radio stations.
Anyone got any ideas? I'm without broadband or wifi for the next two weeks so could really do with more channels than just 1-5!
Thanks.
Katy
3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

How many TV channels are you getting if you plug the aerial directly into your television set (assuming your TV has an inbuilt tuner) ?

Also, use this useful link page below to check the number of estimated TV channels at your new address and double check from the same link page that there is no planned engineering works in your region on either the main transmitter or relay station that could be causing the lack of TV channels.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/planned_engineering_works

Anonymous User
Not applicable

According to the checker I should get over 120 channels and the signal is good from the receiver i should be tuned into.

My tv is quite old so I don't think I'd get freeview direct through that.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

How old is your TV and the make & model number ?

If it has a HDMI port, there might be a good chance it can receive a digital TV signal, have you tried connecting your TV aerial to your old TV and undertake a rescan of the TV channels just to see if it picks up any TV stations where you can compare the number of channels received against your nowtv smart box ?

Are you using an outdoor aerial or an indoor portable TV aerial ?