cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box keeps skipping back once resuming from pause

Is there an official update from the NOWTV team with regards to the issue of the Smart box jumping backwards when a show has been paused and you start watching again.
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to "bump" all the messages relating to the skipping issue to the top of the board...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:

I suggested this on Live Chat on 2nd Feb and was told that the technical team would contact me directly.... I'm still waiting...

Still waiting...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
Hi. I don’t think they sort issues your having like myself until they launch NOW TV Smart Stick on 23rd
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think they'll bother to fix it then either; it's been 4 weeks and.... nothing.

I was promised on 2 occasions (2nd and 7th Feb) that the technical team would contact me directly with regards to putting on the previous version of firmware without the issues.  On 7th Feb they said that this had been escalated and they would contact me in 24-48 hours... it has now been 168 hours and ..... nothing.  What a surprise.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After another hour on Live Chat the technical team will be in e-mail contact "soon".  Apparently they will do their best to "make sure this is taken care of quick"

Funnily enough "quick" had no timeframe associated with it, so I said that anything longer than tomorrow would not be quick.  They will "hope for the best".

I have asked that they provide an update to their customers on this forum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D
Is there a update with issues most of us are having and why can’t I add a voucher in My Account section on Smart Box , Version is 4.4.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box keeps skipping back 29 mins, whenever Ive been watching a show for a while, normally when I have paused TV for a few moments, but has also happened when watching Freeview channels live. Its getting really irritating.

Reading this thread Its a software issue that has arisen since last software update, and NowTV are aware, so hopefully they will sort out this issue swiftly, and release another software update. Last software update was done on 17/01/2018, and today is 18/02/2018, so its been a month already. Surely they could just rollback to the update, before the "problem" update, whilst they work on the issue.

Box Details:
Model = 4500SK

Software Version = 7.7.3 Build 4135-16

Last updated 17/01/2018

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tony-D you said there would be an update soon but there has been nothing yet. How much longer do we have to wait?
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We've posted an update about this issue which can be found in this thread here.

Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused. 

Thanks,

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

get a move on will you. there is no reason apart from YOU LOT being lazy that this update is not sorted. crack on then as i dont pay your for nothing. Con artits