cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box and Toshiba Regza, different problem than other members have!! please help meeeee!!!!

I have a toshiba regza tv and everything works fine on the smart box except the now tv app or he live subscription channels. All other apps are working. It just gets stuck on the four coloured dots spinning around. I’ve exhasted all possible solutions found on here and live chat is proving absolutely useless 😞
I’ve tried soft resets, hard resets, turning off network pings, changing display to 720 p, changing hdmi port and cable, updating the box through the secret menu. It works perfectly fine on my other television in my bedroom. And my old black now tv box works fine on this tv. Can anyone help me at all? I’m exasperated!! Thank you in advance!
7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Who is your ISP is it TalkTalk by any chance ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I just noticed by looking at your profile that you are a TalkTalk customer but have already tried the 50% half power on the 2.4 ghz WiFi band on your router by following the instructions in this thread linked below (message 6 of 😎 Smiley Sad

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Smart-TV-Box-Now-TV-not-connecting/m-p/464156#M5726

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I know a couple of Toshiba Regza TV owners had to temporary connect their smart box on a different model TV on intial setup and forced a software update in the secret box menu before connecting the smart box to their Toshiba Regza TV.

It sounds like you have done that already ?

Maybe try swapping the smart box again onto your second TV, then factory reset the box, then re enter your account details and WiFi again, then re scan TV channels (if your second TV has a TV aerial or skip this step) then force a software update in the secret menu, then power down the TV and smart box and then re connect the smart box back on your Toshiba TV ?

Sorry i can't offer any other suggestions to try Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi! Wow thanks for your super quick reply! Yes it’s talktalk...thought this was the problem at first so reduced the output to 50% as suggested but no luck. But it’s working perfectly on my other tv in my bedroom so I guess it’s the tv that had the problem?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes 😞 out at a total loss what’s going on 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks!! Will give his a go tonight!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your helpful suggestion but sadly no luck 😞 I shall have to return the box to Argos and hope that they take pity on me 🙂 thank you for you help though 🙂