cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart Stick

Don’t know where to put this topic but what asking is NOW TV has done a smart stick they say launches next month but someone on live chat told me end of month so why does Argos have in new catalogue, website early if got wait another 4 weeks.
12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Read @Andy post message number 52 on this thread here.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/NOW-TV-News/td-p/455243/page/6

I think Argos have done this previously with other NowTV products in the past, where they show them on their website before they are released or available to the public.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps
When NOW TV launch new tv product how long does it take to hit store , how long did it take for smart box to hit shelves.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I can see why Argos have added the new Roku smart sticks to their paper catalogue in preparation for the launch (otherwise the catalogue would be out of date when the smart sticks are released).

Don't know why they would show the nowtv sticks on their website though if customers are not allowed to pre order Smiley Sad

The only thing i could suggest when the sticks finally launch sometime next month is to keep an eye out on the nowtv forum and nowtv shop website page and keep checking the main Retailers such as Argos Curry's, Amazon and Tesco's from time to time.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Don't know why they would show the nowtv sticks on their website though if customers are not allowed to pre order Smiley Sad

So that they appear in web searches, generating traffic to their site, increasing the chance of people ordering something else while they are there and/or coming back to order the stick when it's available, thus increasing their search engine rankings etc. I'd expect other sites to do similar in coming weeks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found this hidden page about the Smart Stick on the official Now TV website if anyone's interested: www.nowtv.com/smart-tv-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is it on sale?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

23rd of February this month.

Apparently Argos Ebay Outlet are selling the smart stick now reading reports on HotUK Deals website.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnappswrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

23rd of February this month.

Apparently Argos Ebay Outlet are selling the smart stick now reading reports on HotUK Deals website.

Just had an email from NowTV saying coming soon showing a picture of the smart stick with the date of 26/2/2018.

smart stick release date.jpg

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Whilst some people do seem to have bought a stick via this means to start with, they are no longer available to buy via them now. I'd guess it might have been a mistake and they've been asked not to continue purchases until the official release date.