cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart Box power supply unit

Worth noting that the new Now TV Smart Box (4500SK) has a 12 volt power unit, whereas the older non-smart Black Box (4200SK) has a 5.99 volt power unit, so they are not interchangeable.  You need to bear this in mind if upgrading from the Black Box to the Smart Box.

(In fact the plugs are different, so it would be difficult to make a mistake.)

Wlat

4 REPLIES 4
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User the two power supply units don't fit each other.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268

That is exactly what I have just said.

🙂

Wlat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There seems to be a dearth of the new(ish) smart boxes available but there isnt a single power supply to be had on the net. I bought a new box for £20 (box only) thinking the 12v dc power supply would be easy to find or the old power supply from the white / black "old" type box would suffice.  Am I being naive or is it that sky just like making things proprietary to each release of an upgrade / new model?.

No acidic replies please - if you know the brand or who the hell is responsible for the Nationwide shortage of 12v dc power supplies please do tell.

Regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

There seems to be a dearth of the new(ish) smart boxes available but there isnt a single power supply to be had on the net. I bought a new box for £20 (box only) thinking the 12v dc power supply would be easy to find or the old power supply from the white / black "old" type box would suffice.  Am I being naive or is it that sky just like making things proprietary to each release of an upgrade / new model?.

No acidic replies please - if you know the brand or who the hell is responsible for the Nationwide shortage of 12v dc power supplies please do tell.

Regards

I have the very same problem. Seems I’ve bought a paper weight.. I wanted to work it out with these people - https://blog.banggood.com/how-to-choose-the-right-ac-adapter-for-your-gadget-29870.html

But can’t seem to find any useful tech specs for my paper weight.. I’ve tried to plug in simply heaps of adapters to try find the size of the “stick it in bit” but hey ho not one of them will fit in the hole.. are these all a faulty bunch with too wrong a hole for that bit to even be called a hole! Feel like breaking the housing away to try see what’s going on in there. So.. Any ideas out there? Sky store is Out of Stock. They’ve all fallen down some black hole somewhere I expect.. Pleeeeeeeeeese I need a plugy thingy for my no idea what it is hole Smart TV box. Don’t buy a 5 volt it does not have enough power.. All for One? Just not this one..