cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart Box - faulty for over 6 months and no solution

I purchased a Now Tv smart box from Tesco last year mainly for watching Sky Sports 1 on, the box worked fine for the first month then suddenly started freezing and resetting itself, I took the box back to Tesco who informed me that I had to contact Now TV direct for warranty issues, which I did, I spend an hour on the live chat and reset the box, the next day it was freezing and resetting itself again, so in January I contacated Now Tv again on live chat, the fist chat lasted over an hour and I had to reset, factory reset, try different connections, ethernet and wifi checks etc after this I got disconnected? so I tried again and this chat lasted around an hour and half where i was subjected to doing the same checks that I did before and they checked my interent speed etc, even though I told them that the basic Now Tv boxes work fine, I then got disconnected again, by now it was nearly closing time but I managed another 30 minutes of checks with a different operator who was insistant that I used my Now tv sports pass to test the box, to which I refused as it was freezing on every app, itv, bbc etc, and he also told me that the box was not being used for paid tv enough and I had not used enough passes on my account, before geting disconnected again a few minutes before closing time.

I then sent a email which I got a reply too telling me that someone would look into this matter, over 2 months later I contaced Now Tv again asking what was happening and got another email stating that they didnt have my email address to reply to and that I would get a solution in 2 weeks, that was on 22nd February, since then I have sent numerous emails which either would not send and asked me to use live chat or for which I didnt get a  reply too, the box is now just flashing, I cant reset it as its got a blank screen, in fact itstotally useless, Ive tried sending another email and I get a message stating that I need to try Live Chat, but I dont wasnt to waste another evening trying to get this brick working.

My reference number is: 01804590 if anyone from Now Tv wants to contact me?

5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

According to the 'Sales of Goods Act' if you have a faulty product your first port of call to get your issue resolved is with the 'vendor'. Which in your case is Tesco!

Do not let the vendor pass/fob you off!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, tesco told me that they could only accept goods that were purchased 30 days or less ago and told me to contact Now TV which I did, Now Tv were helpful at fist and promised to find a solution, but 5 over months later no solution has materialised, and ive sent numerous emails through the now tv site which dont get replied too or replying to the last email I received on 22nd Feb which just bounce back, even though the email states that I should reply to the email if I need any help before the 'higher technical team' reply, (it also staes that im using different email address which is wrong).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mark,

Ref: 01804590

Thanks for contacting NOW TV.

I'm extremely disappointed to see that you've been following up on this issue for quite a long time now and no solution found.

I'll try my best to get this sorted for you, rest be assured you are in safe hands.

The reason we haven't been able to come to a conclusion yet is because, we expect a reply from you on the same email on which we have replied to you, so that we don't miss out on any conversations Since you are writing a new email every time which is why the link is lost and therefore you feel left out and find us unhelpful.

I have transferred this case to a higher Technical Team, and they will help you further on it.

You'll receive emails from them at the earliest.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive just ust been back on chat for nearly another hour but I am now being told that the warranty has expired even though they were notified about the problem in November, with communication continuing until February 22nd when it stopped midway though helping me, seems like im going to have to put this down to a waste of £50 as Now TV dont seem interested in repairing or replaing this faulty smart box.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for the reply, tesco told me that they could only accept goods that were purchased 30 days or less ago and told me to contact Now TV which I did...

That is complete and utter rubbish @Anonymous User. Under UK consumer law your product has a minimum 1 year warranty, which Tesco must honor!

Don't let them fob you off. NOW TV are not legally obliged to help you at all!  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

take it back to tesco store and ask for replacement.....mine had a fault after 3 months and tesco store replaced no problems

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I probably should have taken the box back to tesco and made more of a fuss but unfortunately I contacted Now TV which I thought was the correct procedure, who told me they would sort out the matter for me, since February they have continued to send me messages informing me that a 'higher technical team' are investigating, although 23 weeks have now passed since they told me this and everytime I message Now TV I receive a reply informing me that I will get a reply soon.

Obviously the boxes warranty has expired now, so taking the item back to Tesco is not relevent anymore, but I feel that I still have a case as I reported that the box had become unresponsive during November 2016 and February 2017 which was well in the warranty period.

I now have numerous references including: 

Ref: 02158147

Ref: 02110341

Ref: 01804590

Ref: 02110341 offered me a replacement Smart Box in February but since replying with the information requested I have again not heard anything and cannot contact the cutomer service member again.

Ref 02110341

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I have gone through all your cases and see you are facing issues with NOW TV Smart Box even after many resets done on the box.

In this case I can get the NOW TV Box replaced for you, just need to confirm few details first.

- The NOW TV Box serial number?

- From where did you purchase the NOW TV Box?

Awaiting your reply.