cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart Box Frequently Requires Reset

I have been having issues with my NowTV box. Every few days or weeks (it varies) the box seems to lose connection to the internet, and throws up the familiar "Activation plugin not downloaded" error.

I have searched the internet and browsed these forums extensively, and the advice is always the same: Factory Reset. This does indeed get the box working again, but it does nothing to resolve the underlying issue, and forces me to go through the very tedious process of setting up the screen and the remote, entering codes on web pages, watching as it re-downloads all the apps that I then have to log into one by one all over again... it is infuriating.

I am connected via ethernet to a NowTV router, so there is little I can do to improve the connection between the box and the internet, and it is frankly baffling to me that the smart box cannot seem to cope with a power cut, or the iffiness of British internet. Is there anything I can do to avoid having the frequent need to factory reset, or is this just going to keep happening until my rural area gets more reliable Internet? 

0 REPLIES 0