Advocate

Slow loading

Channel loading far to slow for days, Internet is fine 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Paul9 

Have a look at this link for troubleshooting if you haven't done so already. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick

Otherwise set the ox back to factory settings.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

I ran up a Now Stick yesterday for the first time in ages, fully updated it, and was gobsmacked at how slowly it displayed all 28 rows of the Home Screen.

We have 300 Mbps FTTP, so it wasn’t that.

I guess modern devices now outrun the older Now kit, and the Smart box precedes the Stick.

But do let us know if @gavs82008 suggestions give you a boost (small ‘b’), and I’ll try them myself.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Moving on, I thought I would try the Troubleshooting Step 4, linked to above:-

Changing the amount of ‘bits’ of data (the techie term is bitrate) streaming through your NOW Box or Smart Stick could improve your picture quality.

• Press these buttons on your remote control:

Home x5
Rewind x3
Fast Forward x2

You'll see a screen with various bitrate options. Just select Automatic and try watching your programme again.

But I don’t see such a screen at all 😢

I thought I might be doing it wrong, but the closely similar access to the hidden System menu by sequentially pressing keys

Home x5

Forward

Play

Rewind

Play

Forward

works perfectly, so I don’t think it’s that.

Any clues, anyone?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.