cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockmatt
Expert 2

poor picture quality on all sports and entertainment channels

have just turned my box on for the first time since late yesterday evening and the picture quality is really bad.the picture on all channels are all blurry,there has definately been a drop in the picture quality from when i last watched on sunday evening which was perfect,i am using the black now tv box on a wired connection,anyone else have this issue?

92 REPLIES 92
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The stream quality has dropped a lot on all sky sports channels since sunday. Up to the last 30 mins of the Liverpool game the stream was steady at 4.5mbps but then it was buffering all the time and now dropped to below 2.5mbps. On my Samsung ks7000 it tells me the stream quality and today sports 1 is -2484mbps sports2- 2484 mbps sports 3 -2484mbps sports 4 - 969kbps sports 5 -2484 mbps sky sports news- 1064 mbps sports f1 -1064.. On live chat yesterday doing all the usually tests and they tried saying its my connection then said its my tv app then I said its the same picture on my smart tv box and the movie channels are 4865 mbps and entertainment channels are 3484 mbps yet the sports channels are poor stream quality and had to switch to android box to watch the footy on Sunday. They finally admitted there's a technical problem and there staff will fix it at the earliest. Ask for a refund as there sports channels stream quality is not for for purpose but it's like talking to a wall with them. A lot of money to pay for a poor stream quality.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I watched the Liverpool v Man City game on Sunday and the qulaity was spot on HD, very crisp and sharp. On Monday all of the sports channels were a little blurry and more like SD than HD. A noticeable difference in streaming quality and quite distracting compared with Sundays output. However on other channels, the quality is perfect. I watched Last Week Tonight with John Oliver earlier on catch up & that was perfect HD too. It just seems to be the sports channels that are poor quality. Its like someone has turned on Sky Sports SD rather than Sky Sports HD and forgotten to switch it back.

Also I now have a small rectangle in the LHS of the screen which I dont recall seeing earlier.

Can Sky please advise what is wrong with the qulaity or fix it please ?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same story for me to! Sky one is perfect though!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just tuned into the Scotland game and the stream quality is dreadful.its that bad,from a distance you can not tell what the shirt numbers are and no chance of what there face looks like. The stream is still 2484 mbps below what sky recommends in there terms and conditions.To think I'm paying £25 this month for sky sports for such a poor stream.
Miketurn
Scholar 3

It's almost like they tried to fix the constant freezing and buffering of sports channels by lowering the picture quality to sub SD.

I've got a month pass I intended to use in April, but I'm having second thoughts now unless this gets sorted soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The quality of live sports streaming has been absolutely awful all week. Nobody from Sky seems to be interested, sky sports 4 is barely watchable streaming at 969kbs when i usually get mid 4000's.
Its the same on new smart box, x box one s, pc app and android tablet. My internet speed is over 80mb and i have not had this problem before.
Other channels entertainment and movies are fine but i mainly watch the sports channels.
Can somebody from the service team give an update with information on what caused this and when it will be fixed, thank you.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I agree. My Now TV Smart Box arrived today.
I'm watching Sky Sports F1 and the picture quality is awful. The bitrate is extremely low despite a 45Mbps download speed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sky Sports Picture is getting worse as the week goes on. All other channels are perfect as I subscribe to all the packages. I pay for the Sky Sports Month Pass every month & this is the 1st time it's happened on Sky Sports.
It used to happen on the Entertainment Package years ago but this is the 1st time for Sky Sports.
It's not my provider as I have Virgin Media 200mbs
Can you please sort this out as it's getting really annoying.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is a very serious issue that the Now team for some unknown reason are avoiding.

Can someone from Now please give us a heads up on what is going on and if this service will keep steaming 1985 quality.
lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User if i were you i would read the posts about poor picture quality on the sky sports channels,that has been ongoing since monday,there has been no response from now tv on this ongoing issue,the pass idea sounds like a great idea,so lets hope now tv sort out the picture quality soon