cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports Boost HD

Hi, I just started a trial of movies with boost HD, I can see that movies are in HD with the HD logo and it looks good but when watching sky sports new how do I see what bit rate or if its actually in HD, it doesnt look like HD to me but doesnt seem to be anyway of knowing, i have the black smart box that has now tv logo in blue.

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Now & Next TV Guide showing the live sports streams should have HD at the end of the Sky Sports channel name and when watching Sky Sports Main Event & Premier League on your NowTV Box should be playing back at 50fps which should look sliky smooth with more detail in fast moving panning shots such has football etc.

The remaining nine Sky Sports channels are still streamed at 25fps and even with the bump in resolution to 1080p still looks poor to me (which i was anticipating without 50fps playback) and not much of an improvement over 720p on my 50 inch 4K television.

Lets hope that NowTV are working on making more devices HD Boost Pass compatible and all Sky Sports channels on the NowTV service are upgraded to 50fps playback soon 🙏

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Twice now I have tried boost HD, I have the black box with now tv in blue writing. For me its not much different from how it was before, for some reason on these now tv boxes the colours seems dull and its as if theres a grey filter across the picture, its so annoying wheras my sky box or anything else i use the colours pop out more and no grey filter. Im wondering if anyone has noticed this, it still seems sky hd is miles better.