Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shocking Judder

Football is almost unwatchable here

Got sky sports through nowtv on my lg smart oled 

The actual PQ is great, but the judder is horrendous 

Is it down to a terrible frame rate or something that NOWTV streams in?

All motion processing is off and have tried it on dejudder a little but no better 

17 REPLIES 17
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User under normal circumstances with a boost pass, on selected devices, sport is broadcast in 50fps. Unfortunately LG TV's are not one of those selected devices so you are watching 25fps.

Screenshot_20201014-202515.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What you are seeing is 25fps playback and unfortunately with the native NowTV App inbuilt onto LG Web OS Smart TV's you will only be able to watch at 25fps with a Boost Pass or not 😠.

More information here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

At the moment since yesterday 50fps on supported devices with a Boost Pass that offers 50fps playback is also currently broken on Sky Sports Main Event & Sky Sports Football 😠.

Where i find 25fps playback for fast action sports more unwatchable than the reduced resolution rate of 720p.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you both, however it is the exact same via nowtv app on my bt youview box

Is that only 25fps too?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

For the last month or two the Youview Boxes have been also capped at 25fps when watching Sports with a Boost Pass due to an issue using the NowTV App on the Youview platform which was causing buffering and sound dropouts 😠.

Screenshot_2020-10-14-20-34-58.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you again

Thats a joke though surely if its been ongoing for months?

25fps is unwatchable to me, it gives me a migraine so surely I should be refunded?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With regards to refunds you need to take this up with NowTV live chat or send them a web message where both communication methods are shown in this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to ask, i am assuming you are not a BT TV customer who pays the monthly sports subscription through BT ?

Where i don't subscribe to BT TV, but if you are a BT TV customer with a BT NowTV Bolt on Sports package, then try and watch the sports via the Main BT TV Guide and not via the NowTV App on the BT Youview box, where the live sports channels may not be broken with regards to the playback frame rate etc.

If you don't subscribe to BT TV, then you are at the mercy of NowTV to fix the broken Boost Pass streams on the live sports channels via the NowTV App Youview platform.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I dont buy it through bt,  I pay now tv

Just been onto their helpdesk who after a 15 min exchange, offered me £3 refund.. 

Its bizarre that there has been an issue for months, makes you think its not fixable?

Is normal sky sports on sky 50hz I take it?

PrimeTime67
Mentor

The same 25fps judder issue is present for me on the Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports Main Event channels using a Roku Streaming Stick+ and a NowTV Smart Stick.  The Sky Sports Premier League channel is currently fine and is a 1080p 50fps stream.

I have complained about this and requested a refund for my Boost pass.  It is unacceptable to charge for a Boost pass which for Sports Pass customers is supposed to give 1080p 50fps streams on all channels.  The England v Denmark game last night was clearly broadcast in a low quality 25fps stream on these channels whilst the Scotland game on the Sky Sports Premier League channel was fine.