Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shocking Judder

Football is almost unwatchable here

Got sky sports through nowtv on my lg smart oled 

The actual PQ is great, but the judder is horrendous 

Is it down to a terrible frame rate or something that NOWTV streams in?

All motion processing is off and have tried it on dejudder a little but no better 

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe it's just my eyes

Watching on ps4 now,  main event hd and it still doesn't look smooth to me

Certainly nothing like match of the day on BBC 1 or bt sports on the youview box they are perfect 

Why is that?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Celtic v Rangers game on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football looks fine to me with smooth 50fps playback on my NowTV 4K Smart box.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just noticed you are using an LG OLED TV.

Have you tried turning the Trumotion settings off in the LG picture menu settings with the HDMI port connected to your PS4 with the NowTV Boost Pass.

NowTV mentions this in one of the Help articles if you see motion artefacts with fast moving objects.

If you’re watching a thrilling NOW TV action movie, live sports or other show where objects are moving at breakneck speed, you may notice the objects being duplicated – affecting your picture quality.

This may occur with the latest LG models, due to TruMotion technology. Usually, it reduces blur and makes images crisper. We recommend turning it off when watching NOW TV, as it can occasionally result in duplicated objects.

To turn TruMotion off:

1. Go to Settings and select Picture.
  2. View your Picture Options.
  3. Finally, turn TruMotion OFF.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep did that

Is the issue with youview or the app fixed now?

Is there a way in the ps4 to see what rate its running at?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Still on going reading the red service banner on the top of the NowTV Help Section screen.

I don't use a PS4 so wouldn't have a clue if you can bring up some information on screen, but to my eyes i can tell straight away if sports is not playing at 50fps and don't need any information seen on screen to inform me otherwise.

Do you have a PS4 and if so let your eyes be the judge if you are happy with the NowTV 50fps playback on the current six Sky Sports channels with the NowTV supported devices.

Some people are more prone to seeing judder and motion artefacts than others.

I have a DLP Projector and i have no problems watching it, but some people see the rainbow effect and can't watch the picture.

Something similar with Plasma TV's and flicker, some people see it and some people don't.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just read up on your previous posts and it seems the PS4 with the NowTV Boost pass doesn't look smooth to you.

Maybe another LG OLED TV owner can assist with their picture motion settings when watching NowTV Sports when connected to a PS4.

Like i said i don't own a PS4, but see if there is an option for 50hz rather than 60hz in the PS4 picture settings.

Or perhaps the Sky Satellite Sports service might be the way to go if you can afford it if you can't get used to the NowTV Sports Boost Pass picture on your PS4.

Have you got another TV in the house apart from the OLED to see if the judder and motion artefacts persists ?

My two old Plasma TV's when it comes to motion blows my two mid range LCD 4K TV's out of the water when using the NowTV Boost Pass for Sports.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User yes. There's been an ongoing issue with youview boxes.

https://help.nowtv.com/service-status

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User  

I'm going to try some settings suggested tonight. I have a PS5 and from previous testing, this issue is apparent on both PS5 NOWTV App and using the NOWTV App on the LG. I believe Tru Motion was off but I'll do a run down of all settings.

I'm not sure that it is this as when I watch Football on the Sky Box I have at home, same settings as all the the others and using the Sport settings, no issues in comparison to the other two. I'm fairly sure that this is a capping of the Apps output rather than the TV maybe?