cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Set up problem

hi there, i am trying to set up my now tv box but keep getting the message..  problem connecting to network (activation plugin not downloaded 0) any ideas how to fix this? thanks

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - had this exact problem with the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box I got today.  Would not set up, kept getting the same message.  I went onto the chat and surprise!  They couldn't find anything about an account for me except that I had ordered the box and pass online.  Even though I'd set up an account about 30 seconds after getting the box.  The rep had to go in and find my account and activate it.  Then he had me press the "reset" button on the bottom of the box for 30 seconds, go through the setup screens again and boom!  I was allowed to sign in and now have all my packages!  So - maybe you should see if the rep can find and access your account?  Because they seem to be hanging up somehow in their computer system?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi i had the same problem with nowtv smart box, i just left it on the activation page the one after the error , for around 10 mins then used the back arrow then forward again and it started working

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm having this problem on a box I received today. Spent ages on the online chat to no avail & they are supposed to be sending me an email. Interesting about the account issue.

Bill

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yet another with the so-called "smart" box which won't activate as it says the "Activation plugin has not downloaded". I've retried it and pushed umpteen buttons, but won't waste my time setting up wired connections etc as they don't seem to have worked for other posters. I've got an active account which has been ongoing for well over a year, so that shouldn't be an issue for my problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After the best part of 2 hours spent button pressing backwards and forwards, my new box finally decided to activate and it's now up and running. I had to go all the way back to choosing screen definition a couple of times, then forward again if that helps anyone else? Hope it's worth the upgrade!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, just been on live chat and this has been resolved for me and my NowTV Smart box

• on the base there is a reset button (moulded into the rubber) - press it to reset the box 5-6 times (press each time the display appears)
  • proceed to the EULA screen again and continue from there - mine went straight to 'Linking' and then proceeded to download a load up App updates and is now working correctly
Anonymous User
Not applicable

how do i get on live chat? ive tried resetting and going through screens again and still error message 😞

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If none of the ideas in this thread have worked for you , you can get to live chat from this page:

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch#_se:otherEnquiriesTab

Anonymous User
Not applicable

many thanks, i am in chat with them now, apparently this issue has been resolved LOL!! then why am i getting the error message too!! 😞 shes gonna take me through some steps so hopefully will be sorted soon after 30 mins of faffing about

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries, hope it gets sorted for you!