cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Set up problem

hi there, i am trying to set up my now tv box but keep getting the message..  problem connecting to network (activation plugin not downloaded 0) any ideas how to fix this? thanks

39 REPLIES 39
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Not heard of that error message before so not sure what's happened, but I'd suggest with the box powered up push a pin into the reset hole at the back until you see the box restart itself, then remove. This will do a factory reset of the box, see how that goes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I am having the same issue. Did you fix this issue ? 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

This is indeed a most odd issue. First thing first... Can you please confirm the make an model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

It is the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box. I am able to get as far as the user agreement and then have this issue.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It is the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box. I am able to get as far as the user agreement and then have this issue.

Hi @Anonymous User,

The reset procedure is different on the 'smart' box. The following 'Help Centre' article will show you how to do it: How to reset your NOW TV Box

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having this problem with setting up the smart Now Tv box.  Doing a factory reset has not helped at all. Have tried factory reset, hard reset using the button on the device, switching from wireless to wired connection, downloading updates etc. 
Still getting the same error. "Linking Error. There was a problem connection to the network. (activation plugin not downloaded; 0) Please try again"  Pressing ok leads you to a blank screen and nothing else happens. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for that. Couldn't get to the settings menu as i was stilll in the startup menu. went back and forth a few times and it seems to have cleared the issue by itself.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue, did you manage to get this resolved? If so, what did you do?
Thanks!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On second box today. Same issue. Customer chat hopeless. Tried ethernet. Tried wireless and now tried mobile. No one helps.