cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Set up problem

hi there, i am trying to set up my now tv box but keep getting the message..  problem connecting to network (activation plugin not downloaded 0) any ideas how to fix this? thanks

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had the same problem all afternoon, chat were useless. Spoke to someone from sky tv and he gave me the factory settings secret menu. Press home 5 times, fast forward 3 times and rewind twice. Thank me later!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've been trying that for the last hour...with no joy. Waiting on an email that may be able to magically fix it. Fingers crossed. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A few more resets and it's just got passed the error message. Phew. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What do you do once in the factory settings screen please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to connect nowtv smart stick. The first one didn't connect. Live chat advised getting a replacement. Which I did. Same issue. Won't connect. I've done all the hard and soft resets of my router and my device repeatedly. I've followed the advice on here on patience and perseverance and tried everything at least ten times. I've been at it now for hours. And still nothing. What can I do?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worked for me after 4-5 attempts and a lot of patience.
Thanks!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was having the exact same problem.  tried everything suggested and nothing help.  after going through the same process on the onine chat advice they said I would be getting an email.  20 minutes later (and no email as yet) I tried again and it connected.  don't know if they did something their end or if it just needs persistence with constantly going back and forward through the set up screens but all up and running now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

This problem occurred on my white box (not smart) and after several chats, soft and hard resets etc, I was told the box was faulty and we needed a new one.

So bought a new one today (Black - NOT Smart though the ordinary one) and when through set up etc and same message (so suspect the old box wasn't faulty at all)...chat again to the help team...more resets etc and no joy same Linking Error.

Now waiting for them to get back to me via email...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't believe after all the same complaints that they are not doing more to fix the problem, I did find a phone number but it would have cost £6. All my passes were used up as I had to wait for my son to install it, Now my new Stick is the same 🤔

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem but with the now TV smart stick! What do I do?