cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Set up problem

hi there, i am trying to set up my now tv box but keep getting the message..  problem connecting to network (activation plugin not downloaded 0) any ideas how to fix this? thanks

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

hi there, i am trying to set up my now tv box but keep getting the message..  problem connecting to network (activation plugin not downloaded 0) any ideas how to fix this? thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm still struggling with this. Been using the passes for a while but just migrated broadband over. Not at activation date yet but presume that's not an issue as passes are live and haven't even signed in yet? The resetting routine isn't working for me. Will speak to support in the morning, the online chat aren't very enthusiastic towards going home time!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A few resets and/or a few hours later and it works. Not a glowing start for Now TV but sorted now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The box (the 5th one) has been unable to connect via the ethernet cable.  However the children were watching the box earlier today via wifi.  Tonight the box is not showing a picture or sound, but intermittant fuzzy picture, the tv is not telling me no signal, so box and tv are connected but not showing anything??? any ideas??  Oh tried the reset button already, thanks for any help.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV 'smart' boxes offers two reset options. The button on the bottom of the box offers a 'basic' reset. However, for a full 'Factory' reset please refer to the following 'Help Centre' article: How to reset your NOW TV Box

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had exactly this problem today with a smart box and tried all the suggestions in this thread.

I contacted an agent through LiveChat who checked my account (and did nothing else, his end, I think...)

But he told me to do a long reset. If you're struggling with this problem you won't be able to do a factory reset via the settings menu because you haven't got that far, so...

Hold the reset (underneath) button down for 30 seconds. That did the trick for me.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have the same issue - tried wifi, ethernet, tried resetting way too many times than is acceptable for an out of the box setup.  Not impressed to say the least and has caused a wonderful row in this house as hubby didn't want to ditch Sky for NOW but reluctantly did so!

Been onto the live chat and have been told that it's a known problem with the Smart box.  It should take 2-3 days to fix!  

Not looking forward to the next 2-3 days.   And as far as first impressions go ...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem too - the factory reset through the settings menu won't work as at this stage of setup you can't get to the settings menu. I've tried several soft resets, a couple of hard resets, and going back and forth to display settings etc a few times - nothing. I'm going to leave it for a few hours and try again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And just to update - I tried again after an hour, and it worked! I just left it on the blank screen for an hour, then went back to the previous page (terms and conditions), this time it connected and is working fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. How did you fix it?