cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen4
Mentor

Serif 2022 tv no longer supported by now tv

My serif 2022 model tv app is no longer supported by now tv and not working . They have even listed it as not supported on their site but for what reason ? . I don’t want to use airplay or put a stick in the tv and have two remote controls I could  v understand if it was an old model , Samsung have said it’s the providers discretion as to wether they withdraw it or not but for what reason ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Stephen4 

As far as I recall, Samsung Serif TVs have never been supported:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/get-now-on-my-device

Step 3 and expand the Samsung TV link.

But are you saying that Now was loaded on your 2022 Serif TV, or that you were able to download it from the Samsung App Store, that it worked, and has now stopped working?

As to why, and how Serifs are different, I’m surprised Samsung don’t know, or don’t want to tell you. But we are all just customers here like you, so if you want to ask Now why they don’t support this one line of Samsung TVs, best contact Live Chat:-

Chat online

From here, you can contact Now via Live Chat - don’t worry that it says ‘complaint’.

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ on this screen. This is just a ‘bot that can search the Help, somewhere we already know the answers you seek are not to be found,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Stephen4 

As far as I recall, Samsung Serif TVs have never been supported:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/get-now-on-my-device

Step 3 and expand the Samsung TV link.

But are you saying that Now was loaded on your 2022 Serif TV, or that you were able to download it from the Samsung App Store, that it worked, and has now stopped working?

As to why, and how Serifs are different, I’m surprised Samsung don’t know, or don’t want to tell you. But we are all just customers here like you, so if you want to ask Now why they don’t support this one line of Samsung TVs, best contact Live Chat:-

Chat online

From here, you can contact Now via Live Chat - don’t worry that it says ‘complaint’.

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ on this screen. This is just a ‘bot that can search the Help, somewhere we already know the answers you seek are not to be found,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Stephen4
Mentor

hi it’s back up and running now app works again the now tv adviser has reset it  not sure how also mentioned we had 6 other devices registered but I thought they self populated and deleted themselves, so we have it back on our 2022 serif tv .

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Stephen4 

From my understanding Samsung Serif TV's have never been officially supported by NOW.

Though if you type Samsung Serif in the Community search box there is a couple of threads where Serif owners reckoned in the past that these TV's did run the NOW App and even the Samsung Serif website shows the picture of the NOW App on their TV screen (older colour style version of the NOW App).

https://www.samsung.com/uk/lifestyle-tvs/the-serif/connectivity/ 

Some owners of Serif TV's who had the NOW App originally running had to wait a little bit longer for firmware / software updates in the past, before the App would work again.

Perhaps see if there is anything in the Community search box by typing Samsung Serif TV for any suggestions.

Going back a few years I did ask NOW the reason why they don't officially support the Samsung Serif style TV's, but NOW wouldn't divulge any information whatsoever.

If the NOW App is still available on your TV or from the TV Apps Store, is there any message or error code when you try to use it or has the App totally disappeared from the Apps Store or the App is still there but doesn't open ?

Stephen4
Mentor

hi it’s back up and running now app works again the now tv adviser has reset it  not sure how also mentioned we had 6 other devices registered but I thought they self populated and deleted themselves, so we have it back on our 2022 serif tv .