cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Screen Flickering

Had my Smart box for a couple of months.

Recently the picture has started flickering, which is really annoying.

I ve reset the box, changed the HDMI cable, but it still keeps happening.

The live TV picture is fine.

If anyone's got any idea what the issue is and how to fix it, it would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User given the age of the TV change the box setting from the default 1080 to 720 HD. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

• What's the make and model number of your television?
  • Is your NOW TV playback device 'directly' connected to your television or is it connected through a surround-sound amplifier or HDMI switch?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a 9 year old sony bravia.

Dont think its anything to do with the tv.

The box is connected directly to the tv.

I think it only actually ahppens (or is way more frequent at least) when i use youtube

cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User given the age of the TV change the box setting from the default 1080 to 720 HD. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing the setting from 1080 to 720 has worked - thank you.

Must be an issue with the Smartbox, as I ve never had this issue with any other device connected to my TV.

Thanks again.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Must be an issue with the Smartbox, as I ve never had this issue with any other device connected to my TV.

Actually no. It's because your 9 year old Sony TV supports 1080i video sources not 1080p video sources. Which is most probably stated within your TV's user manual 😉 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes thank you worked been like this for last 4 month or so now its fixed.