cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Screen Flickering - Samsung led tv

Hi,

just tried my Smart box today and had a frustrating experience, with the screen flickers black at random.

Found a few old threads on similar issues but no definitive solution.

I've tried both, 1080 and 720 and no change. TV is a Samsung 5100 series, 40 inch, 1080p capable, and displays at 50p.

The box's software is up to date.

Are there any solutions for this, or is it a box issue?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried swapping the HDMI cable Into a different port on your TV or maybe a replacement HDMI cable If you got one spare in the house.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User

Have you tried swapping the HDMI cable Into a different port on your TV or maybe a replacement HDMI cable If you got one spare in the house.

Thanks for your reply @schnapps.

Yes, I've tried both, different ports and cables, keeps happening unfortunately.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

These two suggestion below are wild shots to be honest, but worth a try i suppose.

What happens if if you select "Game Mode" on the Samsung TV which in theory turns off all the unwanted picture processing on your TV ?

Last resort have you tried a full factory reset on the box, where you will have to setup the smart box again from scratch.

Apart from the above i have run out of ideas.

Hopefully, other helpful forum members will offer you some further assistance on other things you could possibly try.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Forgot to say, have you got a second TV in the house, just to temporary test if the smart box picture also flickers on that television as well ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps, unfortunately it's the only tv at home so cannot compare.

Game mode didn't work, so I'll eventually try a factory reset but considering I only unboxed it today, I'm not too optimistic..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same problem on a Samsung LED TV. Screen goes “black/pale”. I run Now TV through my Xbox and don’t experience this problem with any other app or game running on the same device including Netflix and Amazon Prime. Must be something to do with the Now TV software.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had the same problem with mine, leave it powered up and the next time it does it give it a hard slap on the under side it will restart and won't do it again for at least 3 months